Elofty Direct Drive

-70 and -30 respectively. Full brake not moving they’re quite weak for some reason but I can slow down at speed fine…

I am not sure if I understand you correctly. You are saying that the brakes feel weak at max braking but works fine with less braking?

BTW, I have the motor amp set at -40 and get pretty good breaking.

Yeah. Braking from high speed is fine until you get to low speeds and try to “lock” the motors. Then I can basically kick push it lol. Had the same problem with metasurf on flipsky 6.6

Oh yeah, it’s the same for me too.

But, if reverse is enabled, I can use that to stop at low speed, heck even on an incline.

Ah Yeh same here. To me is hub motor and DD thing On belt you have the drag from the belt to help. Hub motor and DD from basically no speed there is no brakes.

2 Likes

That’s not the case for me with hummies. (With official Focbox now and 6.6s before ) at no speed and full brake. It will roll a little bit but you definitely can’t push it. The low rpm brake was weak with unity in my hyperbeast build with the raptor hubs before I broke the unity. Idk if it’s an unity issue.

2 Likes

No well with my DD I can not push it. That’s not my case. It’s just really weak at almost stop. That what I meant. If I push it or gain a bit of speed on a slope brake becomes stronger. I also use really low setting compare to others since I have 12s3p battery. My settings are - 60 - 12 and it brakes strong. With Flipsky 6.6 I had to go - 22 to get back the strength. I didn’t know you broke an unity.

1 Like

Shhh… it was an stupid mistake. No one mention that.

The tldr is I shorted n fried the chip when I was trying to resolder a balance wire while the USB was still plugged in. And turns out my soldering tip shares a common ground with my PC usb controller.

5 Likes

Does the Elofy have sensors and are you guys running sensored? I’m betting it has something to do with the back emf being too low at low speeds for the vesc to track it

And at full brake with the phases shorted? it still too weak?

1 Like

Yes at full short it’s weak. Running sensors. Does look good though image

14 Likes

Can you do a test? Grab any 63xx motor you have, short the windings and try to spin it by hand, and do the same with the Elofy and if possible any other hub or DD you have in hand

Everything without and ESC, just clamp the wires with a vise or something

How do they compare?

2 Likes

Got it :grin:

I will try it later

2 Likes

Good thinking. That’s a good way of finding if it’s just the nature of motor or ESC’s fault.

Since Sophia mentioned it, I notice it more now. It has nice braking until it reaches about 1m/sec(3.6km/hr) and then the braking is pretty weak.

2 Likes

Can either of you do a log of going full speed and braking until full stop? I’m thinking it may have to do with a minimum duty cycle, but it should happen with a geared setup

The short the phase and hand spin it should give a good insight

1 Like

I got some answers, but generally ownboard’s DD motors are same as Elofty they said.

Next week they’ll release on their web shop. They will sell one compete deck (not Evolve style carbon deck) and parts ( maybe set of motor and trucks). Price is not decided but they said it will be same as Elofty. Single king pin truck will be available.

Now the motors only have KEGEL adapter. And their metal core rubber wheels can be set. ( I recommend to make ABEC type too. )

New complete deck includes vesc with new remote (for double motors ) and has 10S2P battery same as their past model. Deck is flexy.

And Evolve style complete will have 10S3P. But they don’t have release date now. image image image image image image image image

19 Likes

Finally a raw finished. I like the choice. Thanks for the insite.

One thing which is different about their motor vs eLofty is that their adapter is longer and use a big spacer to mount the wheels, this pushes the wheels apart. Not good in terms of stress on axle.

eLofty is definitely more compact.

Elofy direct drive :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2: Man, i was hoping for them to tear it up in SF,… but those 110mm wheels are badass :+1:t3::+1:t3: It’s a winner …

2 Likes

No Freaken way!! They do look koo. Gotta give that to them!!

2 Likes