Electric longboard // Beginner

ok, i’ll buy this velcro. If i won’t find any screws at my workbench then i’ll go to local shop

1 Like

then you should be ready.

1 Like

Remember to make connections as short as possible, shouldn’t be a problem since you put everything in a lunch box, but still try to keep the wires between battery to vesc and from vesc to motor as short as possible.

the secret is measure twice and cut once :wink:

1 Like

Wow now that whats I call being helpful. What an amazing forum and people.

I recently completed my first board for about £300 and loving every moment.(5065 270kv motor, 6S Battery, 90mm wheels, HK Vesc) main issues I had were with the motor mount. I have round trucks and mount would keep moving. I ended up drilling into the hanger a little and screwing the bolts into it. Good luck with the build.

2 Likes

Not wanna be rude but when I started DIYing my first board, I did a ton of research before asking specific questions.

I always do research but I am a total begginer and I haven’t got anything about electricity on physics + I live in Poland and I don’t know what does e.g. “torque” or “pulley” mean

1 Like

Which pulley did you end up buying? Was it the silver or black one?? 90 or 97mm wheels?

Black from ebay, 97mm wheels

Make sure you post some pictures when your build is finished :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the pulley you bought?

Does that fit the 97mm wheels? Anyone??

damn, i forgot to check, but ought to fit, but i have 30 days return so easy

I don’t know how many watts in charger I need, but i’ve chosen this charger. What do you guys think?

the first one is a balance charger so if you are not planning to put a bms you will need it for sure. The second one is a standard charger adn you need a 10s one, so 36V. You can use it if you install a BMS on your battery

36V 10s charger https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Xin-sheng-Li-2a-36-V-10-series-of-42-V-Lithium-Battery-Charger-Lithium-Battery/32417271189.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dJVHv2d

I was planning on connecting balance charger with dc charger, but if I’d buy bms the only thing that i’m going to need is this 2nd charger?

Yes that’s right if you have a BMS for your batteries then you only need the second AC/DC charger.

1 Like

any recommendation from ali to charge two 5s 5ah batteries?

ok, i’ll stay with

Can i buy it? Will it work?

1 Like

I’ve read that this fake imax charger only supports input voltage up to 18v. Shall I buy 18v power charger or stick to 36v?

I’m pretty sure the imax bumps up the voltage so stick to below 18v

1 Like

Is there anybody here? I recived almost every thing except for series connector and motor mount. Yesterday I got my motor, but i noticed, that it has very weird (for me) plugs. Can i just simply cut them off and replace with those connectors? https://hobbyking.com/en_us/polymax-5-5mm-gold-connectors-10-pairs-20pc.html?wrh_pdp=7&___store=en_us43192725_332719757287411_5939517119816269824_n

1 Like