Electric Dual HUB Motor Disassembly & Performance

it depends if you want to ride hard and be silent. i think it’s running on 6s and the amps that the esc will put to those motors I dont know.

putting a board together is not hard especially with hub motors. it’s pretty much an rc car.
I sell hub motors…I dont trust polyurethane on small hub motors

I got to say that the hub performs really well, by means of torque and speed. Mine still running and it rolls very well. However there are things I didnt like after having it for a while.

1. I didn’t like that my hubs are not entirely circular so I had some minor vibrations on certain speed
  2. The hub cover could get easily damaged (scratches) as it doesn’t get positioned inside the wheels
  3. The wheels urethane are thick enough but I prefer thicker with lower durometer
1 Like

Jerry doesn’t take constructive criticism well.

Heat was a serious issue in the early production batches because of the low voltage and high current on hills. He might have fixed this by making the end caps a little thinner, but he flat out refused to add air vents.

Hi guys,

I would like to know if this is a BLDC motor or a PMSM one?

Many thanks for your help.

This is a BLDC motor, the windings is located in the rotor and the stator is a permanent magnet.

Thank you, a PMSM motor cannot be structured in that way?

Thanks

Hi!

Can you tell more about these hub engines? How would you rate them after a few months of use? I wonder if it’s worth it to buy.

I used Hub once, never think of going back. However you really need to get th e right hub motor that doesn’t heat up fast or doesnt wobble because of its mechanical construction.

TBH the chinese hub mount have the same mount system as the new enertion ghost drive, which I personally dislikes as it can have wobble issues easily due to few milimiters of manufacturing faults between the truck and hub motor mount.

Hopefully with their cnc cut method, this issue is solved. But for now I believe that hummie hub and carvon motor mount mechanics are better.

@laurnts check this out http://www.michobby.com/product/rear-truck-2pcs-90mm-electric-skateboard-hub-motors/

I think the axle is a long metal bar all the way thru the hangar and the hub is tightened up at the end with a bolt. I think it is a better design.

1 Like

I have gotten my hands on two of these motors. However, when I do the motor detection the VESC won’t detect hall sensor table on one of the motors. I’ve re-done the connector on this motor a few times and I’m starting to think that the sensors are in fact broken.

@laurnts: How did you measure to see which one was faulty?

Try it, but with the motor in reverse direction… you might have one bad sensor in one way, buy sometime it can work in the othe (if it is the case… just swap the place of your wheel) :wink:

… or just switch phase wires so the rolling direction is reversed? Should be the same thing, right?

@rwxr I just simply use 1 VESC and connect it with one of the hub then run motor detection. The one that I run first work, but the other hub didn’t work (with the same VESC).

1 Like

Yep… this is what I was trying to say :sweat_smile:

Like the enclosures, the proportions look good. Where did you find them? Are they aluminum, is so I’m quite concerned that it could block your control signal and you might get some dropouts. If they are aluminum try to move the antenna to the outside of the enclose.

which changes are you referring to? is there a way to perform this changes manually?

@laurnts, would you mind share your vesc configuration for this hub motor?

Where did u get the blue ones ? I want them too

Got them from a person on here, he was making them for himself