eBoosted Enclosures thread

Thank You! Awesome work! So the gasket itself is giving the middle section enough standoff for the silicone wires, brilliant! Did you make any other changes compared to your first… “Tragic Trampa”?

Well, even though if you don’t use a gasket the center dividers are lower than the borders, so there is plenty of space for thick wires to connect the packs.

On this build, the Phoenix, I won’t use bullet connectors buy xt90, so if they unplug and connect again due vibrations they won’t spark just disconnect.

I would also use an antispark switch with fuse kindly donated by Atilla @esk8, I owe you a big one my friend

I will also stick the packs with the enclosure with 3M double sided tape so they don’t move, mitigate the vibrations and allow an easier disassembling for inspections.

I will use a 12s balance monitoring system with buzzer from Mtech shipped FROM Germany with the help of my friend @nowind

The deck will have 1 ply more than the urban carver deck to reduce the flex a bit and reduce the flex of the battery.

I’ll start a build log as soon as I have the board runing on the streets

5 Likes

How much for it?

It’s on my first post $ 125

Great work. Are the same material as the others? Seems much more flexible.

What if you stick it to the deck instead with something like 3M Dual Lock, wouldn’t that unload the enclosure?

Yes, the same material but with the segments it ended up being pretty flexible.

It’s better to have the weight of the batteries at the bottom because it’s the natural state of the beard and it’ll stick better with time.

I don’t have the deck anymore but if you measure the total length including the holding flares I could do it for you

Lower right hand corner,

1 Like

I will buy one for this same deck

It seems the total length of the hs11/HollyPro deck and the street/urban carve deck are exactly the same. The only difference is the rounded corners.

If that’s correct then I just need to wound the corners.

Can someone please measure the total length between the edges of a carve deck? Is it 69cm? Just to confirm :slight_smile:

1 Like

For all those who needed a procedure to mount enclosures here is the one I used that gave me great results:

The holes must be drilled when you have your enclosure on hand, I never ship them predrilled because it’s almost impossible to make a perfectly aligned hole after a predrilled one.

This is the correct procedure:

1. Cut 4 small pieces of double sided tape put them on the border of the enclosure, where it’ll touch the deck

2. Align the enclosure on the deck where you want it to be and stick it

3. Mark the drilling points with a pencil, use a ruler for accuracy

4. Drill the holes through the enclosure and deck with 5mm brad pointed wood drll bit

1. Remove the enclosure and drill a 7mm holes on the deck only, to allow the mounting of the nut inserts.

2. Install nut inserts from top to bottom, turn by hand until you can’t get them in more.

1. Screw one M5 bolt on the nut insert completely and then keep turning until the nut insert is completeky flushed to the deck surface, thus will help you to make a perfect thread on the deck without braking the nut insert itself (do not screw the nut insert by using an Allen wrench directly without doing this procedure first, of the muy interesante will brake)

2. Remove the bolt and nut insert

3. Reinsert the nut insert again from top to bottom, this time with the Allen wrench, it will go down smoothly, without forcing it or braking

4. Install enclosure with M5 bolts from the bottom

No template needed at all, perfect fitment

16 Likes

I measured it and 69cm is correct :grin:

1 Like

I want the 10s boosted enclosure Do you ship to Germany?

Hello: Here are the prices for the 10S enclosure set:

10S battery enclosure US$ 60 VESC Enclosure US$ 40 Shipping to Germany US$ 25 Paypal Fee 5.85% US$ 7.32 Total US$ 132.32

I just want the battery enclosure I don’t need the vesc enclosure Can I get your PayPal so I can send you the money?

I’ve heard that being said a few times, which makes me curious if you /anyone else here ftm, have any experience from this happening, ie heat being trapped/building up when kapton-wrapped, or is this just what would happen theoretically?

Would like to purchase 12s enclosure for your famous darth maul build…asap.thx… [email protected]

Hello the prices are:

12s enclosure $80 Shipping to USA $20 Paypal fee 5.85% $5.85 Total $105.85

You can send the money to [email protected] via paypal if you send as friends and family then there would not be any paypal fee.

I could also offer these as additionals:

Rubber gasket for enclosure $15 Bolt kit (nut inserts + bolts) $15

Let me know I could ship tomorrow

2 Likes

Is it possible for you to adjust the design a bit so that there’s a “channel” that runs down the center of the enclosure? Like a small dip in between each battery segment to run the balance leads. This should minimize, or eliminate any potential running of the leads against the top of the board. Or is the enclosure deep enough that there’s a gap between the top of the electronics and the board?

The battery should be mounted to the board, not the enclosure. The enclosure is a cover.

2 Likes