eBoosted Enclosures thread

I’m new here (first post) and am trying to spec out my first build. I want to do a Loaded Vanguard build with a slight variation from other builds I’ve seen here. I want to use the FocBox Unity combined with the eBoosted enclosures and 10S4P battery.

I don’t have any electrical experience so I’m wondering what’s involved wiring this up. @eboosted the battery says it comes with a XT60 connector and the BMS mentions it includes the labor for wiring the balance leads to the battery.

If I get this setup, do I just need to connect the battery XT60 to the FocBox XT60 or is there other wiring I need to do?

Thanks, Erik

1 Like

I talked to @eboosted in the past. You need to wire your own BMS, but to be honest, soldering shouldn’t be that hard. You can pm him and talk about including an anti-spark switch and charging port.

1 Like

I will wire the balance leads of the BMS for you, this is the hardest part, you will only need to locate the charging port where you want it and run the negative to the BMS and positive to the battery.

The battery will have an xt90 so you just plug it to the unity to the extension wire on one end, (you need to make it yourself as the length needs to be measured on your own build) and the unity at the other end.

It’s extremely easy to do that

Awesome! Sounds simple enough to me.

So ready for this!

So today I’m releasing the Evo 39" DS V2.

The difference between this and the V1 is the length of the nose and tail which gives you more room for inwards motor mounts for both 4WD and 2WD applications.

As you can see it has the same central shape as it’s prececesor but still wraps the microdrop but will give you more room.

This enclosure should hold a 12s8p no problem

@mackann shipping tomorrow

18 Likes

Super nice. What is your favorite truck for this deck?

1 Like

Surfrodz definitely :grinning:

4 Likes

How is the ground clearance on this enclosure?

1 Like

It’s pretty good if you use risers, just select the desired riser thickness depending on the wanted clearance, board looks amazing on any rises setup

IMG_20181017_202411 IMG_20181017_202407 This is with riptide powercable riser And please note the enclosure isn’t screwed so a few more mm after

1 Like

Wow nice man I like it. Although there is enough room in the current enclosire :slight_smile:

So here is the final version of the Moonshine Sidekick enclosure with heatsink.

20181130_204136 20181130_204146

12 Likes

Wait… are you selling it with heatsink installed? @Eboosted

2 Likes

Yes I do. I make the cutout and install the heatsink if they are ordered

Here is the hs11/HolyPro 35 DS version:

20181130_204224 20181130_204234 20181130_204217

11 Likes

Ohhhh boy… yeah im buying a sidekick. This is happening. That enclosure is sexy.

3 Likes

So is the heatsink somewhat universal or made for focboxes?

1 Like

With the current heatsink, it looks like it’ll only fit focboxes.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see your enclosure disign on the kuthaka

2 Likes

Damn i should almost have ordered a heatsink.