eBoosted Enclosures thread

On the 20700B you can only get 15A on each cell for a total of 60A on a 12S4P form, discharge is too low for a Carver deck with pneumatics from my point of view. I rather use a 12s4p made of Samsung 30Q 18650 or even Sony VTC6 instead for 80A discharge.

If range is very important to you a better choice would be a NCR20700A, that on a 12S4P array will give you a craxy 120A of discharge, that’d be EPIC!

1 Like

The Moonshine sidekick DS enclosure is ready :grinning:

Can’t wait to try this beast on the board, it has a lot of room for a full size BMS and 2 VESCs 6.

As the Sidekick is a motorcycle inspired deck I came up with a a grip tank bike design for it:

The enclosue is able to hold more than 60 18650 cells, however a 12S6P would be perfect if want to run a full size BMS even the BIG ones plus two FocBoxes.

If you want to go crazy and need extremely long range you could fit a 10S8P, completely unnecesary for everyday use but there are a lot of insane guys around here so they might find this a pretty nice starting point.

At the bottom I left a flat surface in order to allow an ESC aluminum heatsink fitment.

7 Likes

Omg… its beautiful. Need to see it on the board.

1 Like

Gorgeous!! Do we get to see it with the deck?

1 Like

I’m disassembling the SS enclosure at the moment, hold on a sec

4 Likes

Here are some pictures on the board, sorry for the messy board, just came from a long ride.

Here is the 12S5P with 2 ESCapes and the Bestech HCX-D596 BMS

15 Likes

From your previous post, seems that you didn’t ride with the new enclosure yet. Would love to see if the motor mount and motor make contact with the enclosure while carving. Also how many 20700 cells would it be able to fit?

No. The enclosure has just been finished, I was just test fitting it to the deck.

I’m going to makea new 12s5p pack for it.

The mounts do not touch the e closure at all, they are pretty far away not even pushing one corner with both feet and jumping

1 Like

Beautiful! Can’t wait to see it. :+1:

20181124_171648

What a sweet deck, perfect for a light esk8 project! Enclosure design starting now

20181124_171727

12 Likes

What board is that ?

Loaded Kuthaka!

1 Like

Does It Flex?

Has almost no flex for me. It’s way too small to have much of any flex

2 Likes

Super easy to pop the front wheels up…

1 Like

I cant make the sale price but hope to build something with that eventually

Would you say its more compact/light than the spud?

I have both, they are similar in size. I think the spud is wider.

In my limited time with the kutaka (which is still non electric), my preference is still the spud (electric), but you can’t ollie a spud as easily.

Some of my other friends love the kutaka because of the very usable tail.

1 Like

Yeah my only concern was the width but I imagine its more narrow for a reason

Yes, it’s definitely more compact than the spud, way narrower, looks sleek. The enclosure may have a double stack enclosure otherwise you won’t be able to mount anything larger than a 10s2p, I’d love this deck with a 12s3p, a 12s2p made of ncr20700a would be ideal for 60A discharge and two focboxes.

1 Like