eBoosted Enclosures thread

Moonshine Sidekick SS enclosure:

18 Likes

@skunk :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :point_up:

2 Likes

Beautiful! How does it ride? Must be pretty stable with the SRs right?

I’m really impresssed, I forgot to tight the trucks and went for a test ride I though I was going to have speed woobles but realized that even with the trucks extremely loose it was very stable even at full speed, WTF :scream:

I made short stop and adjusted only the rear truck and the stability was improved even more, the good thing is you can turn a lot on low speeds, you just need to press you heal/toes further down and it would turn around a coin.

3 Likes

AWESOME! where are the wires going to under the front truck? Man I really want to try a moonshine deck.

They go to the power switch to activate the antispark

Cool! How is the wheel-biard clearance? What risers would yo recommend for 90mm wheels?

88mm wheels, looks like the riptide Tunnell risers

Yes they are! I just read his build log.

1 Like

If your tall 6feet plus the moonshine outlaw is better…39 …from my 6 foot tall DH riding friends…I’m 5.6… I have both decks… they are the same felling just length and the drop is bigger I find it’s a carving pocket on the outlaw and i have to shuffle to the back to get to the kick…im Small tho…the sidkick I’m always locked in and everything is right there small and nimble amazing cruiser I can carve like a beast on those thing 45k carv easy…it like the evo and evo falcon… the sidkick is a amazing compact freestyle sliding DH ripper…with a kick tail even better…but my outlaw is by far more stable from being 40 in instead of 34 …THE BEST DECKS ever touched in my time… highly recommend trying one …

1 Like

@Eboosted Still got some of those Never Summer Reaper enclosures?

1 Like

How do you make them so beautiful? How do you make those lines?

If I had to guess, those lines are a part of the mould and your mould has a lot of tiny holes in them to pull the molten plastic in and conform to the tiniest of the detail on the mould.

EDIT: Ah so all these are fiberglass, with putty applied and painted. Nice!

1 Like

Thanks man! Glad you liked my work. Let me know if you need one

Love the blue Caguamas. Those are awesome!

Yes. I still do, they are made to order. However you will have a hard time trying to get that deck as it’s already discontinued

1 Like

Got one on order actually! :grin:

I’ll shoot you a dm and some cash once I get it!

1 Like

@Eboosted Did you change the design (height) of the Vanguard 10S4P enclosure based on the few complaints about battery packs not fitting? On your website there is now a VTC variant of the enclosure but is the “normal” one changed in some way as well?

3 Likes

The Vanguard 10s4p enclosure is the enclosure I have sold the most and had no complains in the past however if you are going to mount a a 10s4p made of Sony Vtc6 you need to choose that variant which has more height because those cells have a higher diameter than regular cells.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity I measured multiple cells of VTC6’s and 30Q’s and many of the VTC6 cells were actually thinner or the same diameter. There was as much difference between each brand’s cells as there was between Sony and Samsung cells, if that makes sense. So in general I wouldn’t say VTC6’s are bigger.

Anyway I’m definitely considering your beautiful enclosures for my next build :slight_smile:

20181001_170104

2 Likes

@Eboosted have you had anyone asking about a enc. for a Moonshine Outlaw yet?

its 5 for the initial build right?

http://www.moonshinemfg.com/Skate/Moonshine-Boards/2018-Outlaw.html