eBoosted Enclosures thread

Getting clossssssssserrrrrrrrr!

Thanks @Deckoz for the help building the pack!

Come on @Eboosted :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That’s a long puppy :yum:

I’m not sure if I could do that enclosure @pshaw it’s like doing a custom suit in my house in Lima for a guy I never met in Netherlands with just a couple of measurements

2 Likes

About to be mounted

7 Likes

LOL I just almost spit my drink all over the screen!

Well you already showed me that it would fit easily in your 12S universal. So all I need is you to do is create a universal evo deck (one piece) which dozens of people on need. I’m running a tiny 13S BMS that is smaller than a 4P pack. So right now I’m sitting at 20.5” end to end on battery. Add 2.5 inches for Focbox so that brings me to 23” of useable space on the interior to make this 13s4p work on evo.

This wouldn’t be a custom tailored suit for my crazy 13S project. I can fit my components in the same space of a universal setup of someone wanting a 12s4p evo enclosure, which I would think is 99% of the demand for this unicorn of an enclosure that for some crazy reason isn’t being produced yet in a one piece version :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not even really that difficult to fit I don’t think. As you can see here in @psychotiller enclosure that I believe has 25” of internal space :slight_smile: this would be exactly what I’m looking for if it was one piece.

2 Likes

Large enclosures are 2 pieces because they have to be…I’ve tried to explain that but I’m not sure if you understand why. A 33" oven only gives about 22" of space to put a sheet of plastic in there. Then there is the rack in the oven that holds the frame, that holds the hot plastic…You end up with 20" max if you get a good form because it’s hard to stretch a mold all the way to the edges of your sheet and still get a good seal.

There are vaccuum forming machines that can be ordered with a max plate of 27". We may order one. But until then, 2 piece abs enclosures are a necessity not a choice.

But for the record. There is nothing fuctionally wrong with 2 piece enclosures the way I do it.

3 Likes

my 2 piece from you is fully watertight. just put a thin bit of foam tape across the place they meet and no water. rode it through a snow bank a few days ago

3 Likes

And you don’t have to remove the whole enclosure when programming or replacing parts.

Fiberglass is the way to go if you wan’t a 25" one piece enclosure.

3 Likes

I need an LY Evo deck locally and I’ll make and amazing enclosure with curves and heatsink, but I need one to make it.

Im thinking the best way would be to buy a LY Evo deck, would someone be willing to sell me a used one, it wouldn’t matter if it’s old or broked

2 Likes

That bigger oven tho :stuck_out_tongue:

I fully understand it is just because of size constraints for the oven you are using. I just wish you had a bigger one as I really like your enclosure design but the middle part but clearance is way more of an issue with this deck vs others because of the aggressive drop. That’s lip in the middle is asking for it :slight_smile:

I might just end up with your 2 piece soon anyway because I’m really anxious to get to riding haha

Another note I had no idea just how ridged fiberglass was until I felt @Deckoz boosted enclosure the other day. I totally understand why you need the deck to make the mold now @Eboosted

2 Likes

This is what I’m working with

7.5 at the widest, 6.25 at the skinniest points

1 Like

Eboosteds Vanguard enclosures on a 42" Flex 2. These enclosures are pristine. Quality stuff man.

6 Likes

would it be easier if you sent @Eboosted your deck? what if he made the enclosure flares to the edge of the deck that would give you space for more holding points. I have the same deck as well so I would be interested in a custom enclosure as well

That would be the ideal scenario, but not something I’m able to do since its in daily use, but if you have an unused Zenith…:wink:

ultimately i would love an enclosure that fit and went all the way to the edge, not sacrificing internal space

I DO have a unused Zenith! It was my first build and haven’t been used since I picked up the two Raptor 1 decks, looking to build with it again. @Eboosted can I send you the deck for you to mold for the two of us with this specific deck?

@scepterr The pack I have is a 12s3p that’s 35mm thick not sure what your needs are(my pack is 35 x 133 x 342mm). I will be using 2 FocBoxes

What would would be the cost anyway?

I suggested sending my decks to do this as well for an Icarus and Evo… @Mikenopolis

I’d totally be in for an Icarus enclosure :wink:

1 Like

Ideally ide like to fit 40-50 cells A 10s5p dual layer staggered, dual row would be sweet if it could fit

Alan feels it would be cheaper to buy a used or new Icarus vs shipping the board.

I looked into it. It would cost about $78 to ship the board one way to Peru.

Maybe as a community we can organize buying Alan the boards required to make the molds.

If anyone wants to, I will split the cost of an Icarus and Evo to purchase for Alan to keep, and make molds for us.

@treenutter I’m not level 3, how should I go about fund gathering from other members to send to Alan so that he can purchase the boards directly.

@thisguyhere would you be willing to take part?

1 Like