eBoosted Enclosures thread

hello, i dont think it is possible to fit a 2 layer of 4 battery. This enclosure is or 10S4P or 12S4P, not for 10S8P. AM i wrong?

Yes, you are. Read up the thread.

yep… 2 version now!! DS or not DS ! thanks for instructing me

1 Like

Is this issue only on one pocket?

Can you sand the edge down where it interferes?

It’s present on other pockets too but not as severe. I’m thinking of using a dremel, is that too much? Would it heat up and melt?

No. Go ahead and use a dremel it won’t melt :wink:

The enclosure is pretty thick so it won’t matter, just sand both sides until they fit.

1 Like

Alright, I’ll do that. This is made with fiber glass right? So I’d have to wear some safety gear to not inhale the dust.

1 Like

probably gloves long sleeve shirt you want to cover your whole body as fiberglass causes irritation in the skin and takes a couple days to come out of the skin naturally

1 Like

Yes, that’s a good idea. BTW I work without any safety gloves here when sanding the enclosures, only when I work in fabrication

1 Like

@neiru37 I see you are not using fish paper, please use it, not using it is the first cause of fire on eboards

2 Likes

20180721_204249

These rings?

2 Likes

Fishpaper is to prevent abrasion due to vibration. Cap them boys with adhesive fish to keep 'em from shorting and catching fire. Insurance is cheap brotha.

/edit

Damn. 8p.

3 Likes

$7.50 from the river

4 Likes

hey can you post pictures of the interior of the enclosure without the battery? just want to see if the rest of the compartments are like this.

20180722_002104

1 Like

Fish paper won’t stop the balance leads from shorting when rubbing against the bottom of the board, especially if they are compressed. It doesn’t look like there is enough clearance between the bottom of the deck and the top of the battery.

30086913_1667892859932466_5353265598719590400_n

channels in between each battery compartment (as seen above) would prevent things in the picture below from happening.

3 Likes

Are u not using a weatherstrip between the enclosure and the board? That’ll give u an extra couple of mm to play with.

it comes with a mandatory $20 gasket, but that’s just so the enclosure can have a more snug fit to the deck since it’s not a precise fit. i’ll post a picture of the solution I had to come up with later today when I get home. it’s not pretty, but it works.

Does anyone know if any of the vanguard enclosures would fit a 10s4p Sanyo 20700b cells? They are a bit bigger than standard 18650 cells. It’s a 42" Loaded Vanguard deck. Thanks.

No, the 20700b are too big, maybe you could mount them sideways and try to fit a 10s3p.

1 Like

If 18650’s are good enough for Tesla they’re good enough for my board :slight_smile:

@Eboosted built me a custom enclosure and 10s4p for my vanguard and I can easily get 25 miles on a single charge.