eBoosted Enclosures thread

Expedited? No way. It’s been over a month, and he just shipped an enclosure to another builder in New York.

Edit: been over a month since I’ve had it in hand, sent it back, and waited for the replacement.

Not from the time that I sent it out originally.

I intend on painting mine. :grin:

Are those blemishesreally an issue? I mean I understand it’s got some scuffs. But I imagine that it would look like that after a few rides on the NYC streets.

5 Likes

Not the point. This experience was 3 months of trouble, start to finish. PM to talk offline. I don’t want to clog this thread.

BS. no need for PM we’re talking about the enclosures so its on topic. If minor scrapes and dents on an enclosure bother you then bro you aint riding for shit. ride that shit hard and let the scrapes tell your story. this guy Alan does a ridiculous amount of work fo us esk8rs IN ADDITION to his day job, IN ADDITION to taking care of a beautiful wife and beautiful kids, IN ADDITION to enjoying the hobby himself…need i go on? A scrape is nothing, thank the good man and keep it moving.

6 Likes

Sent the deck in like Feb or something. Paid for shipping for that. He charges the most. I’ve got other enclosures from him, none had bad fiber lays.

I also had a bunch of unexpected expenses with this, the threat of having to toss my deck in the trash in Mexico, and I accepted the shipment for 2 others in New York.

Paid a PayPal fee for my refund too.

Last post on this. If you’re interested in hearing my story PM me. I’m not going to update in this thread. It’s not going to accomplish anything.

1 Like

1530014244433 @Eboosted I have only set 4 screws is it enough?

2 Likes

I’d put at least 8 on each side. I have 16 screws holding in my enclosure. You want to make it as bullet proof as possible.

1 Like

@ElskerShadow please use at least 4 on each side, use loctite to hold the screws in place, they will difinitely back out under everyday vibrations.

3 Likes

Yes and i reccomend blue locktight the red stuff is too strong for this application.

3 Likes

Just a reminder that these enclosures are hand made. They aren’t popped out of an injection molding machine. They may have a bubble here or there, and i don’t expect Alan to chuck one in the trash over a minor cosmetic imperfection. Not for the prices I paid anyway. For me, Alan’s fit and finish is about 100x better than anything I could do. And I have been really impressed with both my enclosures.

6 Likes

I have always used this screws and they never went out because of vibration, is it because of the material used? 4 screws on each side is necessary if the battery is velcro to the deck? The enclosure could crack like Abs enclosure do sometimes?

There’s not much space to place 8 screws

Just add 2 more to each side so theres 8 in total that should be enough.

1 Like

Do you think thread lock is absolutely necessary? I never needed some for enclosure so I am a bit surprised

Don’t use it, but check if the bolts back out after a couple of days. I bet they will back out and then you can use it with purpose and forget about them for a while, just use a micro drop, I’ll be enough, use Loctite 243 (blue compound)

3 Likes

On my Trampa Urban Carver… Even though i’m using loctite 243, i have to tighten the bolts now and then.

@Eboosted when do you think that you have enclosure ready for urban Carver, with space for more than 10s4p ?

OKok will do then! Don’t want to loose my screws! Is it the material used that cause this? Never had vibration issue with ABS and it’s a shit material compared to your enclosure

My enclosure arrived, it’s quite pretty and feels really tough, all good things but…

IMG_20180627_192016IMG_20180627_192011IMG_20180627_192023IMG_20180627_191905

That’s quite a gap, all the way around, how do I go about addressing this? Get a strip of real thick neoprene and get various length screws that’ll clamp down it but not too hard to flex it? Start going at it with a hacksaw bit by bit until it’s flush? Although I don’t know how I’d properly measure things with this method…

What do?

Ok yeah, stock hardware is not gunna work

IMG_20180627_194709IMG_20180627_194749

it’s looking like this could all work if i just cut a “haunch” into the enclosure at the four corners where the deck seems to dip down a bit, the foot holds essentially. but again i don’t know how i’d measure for that kind of a cut to make it precise

1 Like

Search for „epoxy pools of flatness“. Think that could fix your problem. Add some neoprene and all is good.

1 Like