eBoosted Enclosures thread

you just need 3 buyers and he will make it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey I got the the enclosures in and they are great!! Posted on Facebook, people like it

1 Like

Hey @eboosted, I’m trying to chose between the single stack and double stack spud-potato enclosure… I’m going to use 2 4s lipos and a single vesc and wanna go as low profile as I can. any advice from you? Also, how long should it take to have one shipped in Italy?

Hi Alan, can you please explain why do you prefer using Stainless steel threaded nuts instead of Zinc alloy? I have both and not so sure which one to use in order to mount my Vanguard enclosures.

recommendations on specific tools to use for drilling holes for the specific mounting hardware on these enclosures? like a specific size or form of drill bit, and if to drill all the way through or just halfway also can really tough 3m adhesive work as well? like the kind that comes as the clear flexible strip that’s sticky on both sides but REALLLLY sticky

I dont know about Alanz but those were too soft fo my liking. Begging me to strip them.

Here are the 3 I have tried:

I prefer them in that order, top to bottom.

But the bottom one is by far my least favorite, the other two are stainless and feel much more robust

2 Likes

I know a lot of people don’t like the bottom ones. I have found them usable though if you get the hole size right, countersink them slightly and back them out a little every other turn as if you were cutting a thread. (which in effect you are!)

Do you know what the one in the top is called ?

I use the bottom ones on my Trampa Urban Carver. And yeah, i had a hard time screwing them in, they are way to soft in the hex drive, and i have already strippd the threads on 3 of them :frowning: Do you mount them from the bottom side of the deck ?

have folks attempted securing these enclosures with industrial strength velcro all the way around the perimeter of the enclosure? for that you’d want to velcro the battery pack to the deck directly of course, so it’ll reduce a lot of weight the enclosure would need to bear

I used skate hardware. But yaaa. Its visible and bolted through…

reason i’m thinking velcro is to have no visible bolt through, yeah, but it also makes taking the enclosure off far easier and far faster in case of an emergency also the number of bolts used seems excessive, that’s a lot of holding force for a couple pounds of stuff

Even the bolts will back out, you need to use loctite.

Velcro is a really bad idea from my point of view, taking the enclosure appart will force it too much and you will end up with both sides of the velcro in your hand.

Besides the velcro won’t stick back with the same strength

Even though there are not much things under de deck, take into consideration the continuous vibrations on everyday use, you won’t believe how much stress the holding points had to bear.

1 Like

I just got my enclosure in the mail but…

20180625_133256

Upon further inspection one of the edges got damaged because of shipping. I’ve sent a message to Alan but also wanted to post a message on this thread for transparency.

20180625_133444

The enclosures are great but I think @Eboosted needs to ship these with better padding.

2 Likes

@eboosted

NEVERMIND, JUST SUCCEDED! ORDER IS DONE, NOW CAN’T WAIT :smiley:

yeah this is how my shipment arrived. i was a bit surprised by it. i sent one of my enclosures back to him because of some imperfections in the layup and scratches. still haven’t gotten the replacement. is that the DS trampa?

IMG_0825

2 Likes

Do you guys get tracking numbers when the item is shipped. Mine is a new item so I expect a wait. DS evo enclosure.

Yessir.

In fact, if you have any advice on how I should do my electronics, please give some feedback here: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/future-gadget-204-2nd-edition-ver-2-34-trampa-mtb-fatboy-direct-drive-5-1-fatboy-focbox-enclosure-dual-focbox-sk8-192kv-motors-12s7p-30q/58493/37?u=neiru37

Thanks!

I like the idea of top mounting the electronics. Less holes to cut into the enclosure. This works especially well on a mountain board. The enclosure is also less crowded, which is always nice. Maybe you can go 13s with the extra space!

imageimageimageimage

Here’s the condition that my enclosures arrived. He said he was working late on them. Offered to replace it, haven’t gotten it after over a month. Got a refund though. Sucks that i was also the one who sent him the deck. I also had to pay for half the cost of him checking it into cargo when he had to re enter the secured area in mexico. Not sure why :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

That makes no fucking sense.

I’m not sure why you are expecting some sort of special treatment or demands.

• You realize you let him borrow the decks
  • making these takes time
  • you are impatient, asking for expedited services outside of his normal operation.

You have a guy here who takes the time to make these molds and figures out logistics of getting enclosures to the US for his mom to ship out. Normally he ships a large package to his mom and then she separates and ships them to all of us.

You asked, and demanded for expedited service, which meant Alan spending his own money on a flight with his regular shipment. Instead of him spending money on posting to his mom,he spends almost 6X the money on a flight to bring enclosures in, to deliver them at a faster rate.

When really, you could have had some patience, given the man the deck, like most of us have as courtesy for taking the time to make the molds, and in general not have been such an asshat.

Can’t believe this is my first post in days, and only posting now because I literally cannot support any of the bullshit you are saying, or the way you talk to people. Loose your attitude, learn some fucking patience.

:v:

Edit: You know what you did, and what you’ve said. I won’t repeat that here. So don’t bring up this nonsense here. Really showed alot of character on you’re part :ok_hand:.

14 Likes