eATB Build: my pursuit for electric freestyle!

Not much less than my setup :open_mouth: like 2,5 kgs less… maybe I just don’t have balls to jump around like that :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah I have to say the way I’ve been rationilising it is that motocross bikes weigh around x8 as much (on average) and look at the air those dudes can get! If you go fast and commit, the jump does a lot of the work for you.

I think we can also learn from the protection those guys where too though which will give us the balls to go bigger. The only difference is the way they fall if they crash which is slightly different as we break our asses when we fall - my tailbone hasn’t forgiven me from the last big crash I had! I’m currently wearing snowboard crashpants but I’m now on the hunt for something a little more substantial.

Speaking of which what are you guys wearing? @Nowind, @Duffman what do you guys wear when you compete?

3 Likes

Aiiiiiie it look like paradiz from here !

I hope I will follow your growing skill level !! (but I’m going in a lot more slower I have to say :blush: ) Your jumps are crazy mate !!! You looks and ride like a pro for me hahaha and you just say your not mountainboarder yet !

I training full protected too (tsg Pass - Troy Lee Designs 7855 - Kali AAZIS Plus - Supra rising shoes), yes it help a lot, but now like squad say … I got to take my balllssss !!! :smile:

Im totaly in love actualy with the elec setup, about the deck like I try to explain in my thread Im not in the best position so Im making other change with a little listfing of the Darth :wink: … I’m riding the eDirt scooter I made for my GF for Xmas ^^ shame on me - I have work to do !! The emtb ride miss me a bit during this weeks. Plus I’m planning to build an other MD10 emtb just for training and keep my Darth just like that for the longer and every day ride. More to come soon so.

looking forward to seeing new rides from you now ! Good WE mate. :v:

5 Likes

Great jumps Dan. I’m wearing TSG crash pads, Troy Lee Body Armor and some Fox knee pads. All good and I had some nice crashes.

1 Like

WHOA - that image is amazing!! Thank you for taking the time to make that - very cool! :blush:

Need to check out some new padding for sure and a helmet upgrade might be wise too! I’m just limping along with old snowboard gear at the moment! Just looked at the things you sent across - nice gear man! The TLD 7855 looks amazing! And loving the Supras :wink:

So you made a dirt scotter too? Nice! How does it ride? Good? Have you taken it over any jumps? :smiling_imp:

Looking forward to following your new build too.

1 Like

Thanks @okp.

Aha, I’ll take a look into all this gear as the stuff I’ve got is fairly crappy. And you’ve crash tested it - always a plus!!

I’ve actually just started working my way through your back catelogue of videos on your YouTube channel - dude your riding and edits are amazing! Loving your choices of soundtrack. I’m gonna make sure my next vid is more professional for sure!

1 Like

Just looking at new armoured shorts options and these looked cool…until I saw where they had placed the ‘X’!!! :rofl: :hushed::joy:

4 Likes

I actually just watched the video for this armour and it’s quite a cool concept and addresses the issue I have where I still manage to hurt the top of my tailbone when I fall hard as the shorts just don’t seem to go high enough. These shorts can connect up to the top part and it covers everything from your neck to yo ass!!

https://demonsnow.com/store/X-Connect-Men-Shorts

3 Likes

:blush: I liked your video so much it was a pleasure to do it ! This jump, I share it on esk8fr groupe to motivate frensh rider :wink:

This protection looks cool, fully perfected ! With free moves. Good find !

Yes I have start this project a year ago, starting from a classic dirt scooter, wanna somethig simple but efficient. Made it, so that my girlfriend can follow me during the trips on DarthVapor, but here is the problem … so much fun ! I really love it !! I want to keep the original frame of the dirt scooter and with integrated motor, so make the design around to let the under deck clearence free. It looks cool but now I want more :smiling_imp: (Running under fox + 6374 170kv sensorless + 12s8Ah + e-toxx crazy ratio + 8") Now the battery box is full wood in the continuity of the deck, very raw protoype but it will looks good at the end.

So now, Im making an other, a mad one for me with a previus rear harm I have made last year, like that at least it will be usefull (it looks like a X-motorbike toughness). No real jump actualy cause it is my GF scooter prototype now, and wont break it, but with the next one with a totaly new setup design (but same part of the Oxelo dirt scooter frame) I will ! Plus now I see you fluing, it made me grow wings :angel:

1 Like

WOW man - I’m honoured you wanted to share that jump - thanks! I promise my next trip out I’m gonna be hitting some bigger jumps and maybe a couple of 360s so watch this space!!! :wink:

And I’m loving your enthusiasm for e-vehicles - this scooter looks amazing - can’t wait to see what else you come up with!!

Keep riding and creating - this is what keeps us young! :yum:

1 Like

HOLY SHIT!!! I LOVE RESEARCHING BODY ARMOUR!!!

You MUST watch this video about D30 - it’s possibly the funniest thing I’ve ever seen!!! :joy:

5 Likes

That’s exactly the material what we need :joy: I want that inside my clothes

1 Like

I agree - we need it in all of our clothes - we’ll never get hurt ever again! :joy:

We can walk down the street without fear of being attacked with a shovel! :grin:

1 Like

Think I’m gonna pull the trigger on these:

https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Demon_Flex_Force_X_D3O_SnowboardSki_Impact_Shorts_L_Black-(78324)

Looks very good. Do you know if this D30 material is self-recovering after an impact? I remember some sk8 kneepads (it was like this material but maybe different) where the material was damaged after an hard impact and needed to be replaced (it remained in hardened shape)

1 Like

I’ve watched a couple of videos now it’s resting state is liquid - it hardens on impact and then solidifies again. So should go forever!

I’ve been burnt by a similar slim form factor technolgy though as I bought a whole set of these:

Elbows and knees too and they’re bloody useless. First fall I had and both knee pads ripped from the padding and a bruised both my kness!! That was on a trip out when my mountainboard hadn’t been electrified yet.

These look much sturdier though, plus it’s the way the tailbone protection goes up above the waistband that I think will make all the difference.

I guess we’ll see!

D30 is insane :open_mouth: next setup protection will be like that for sure ! thanks for your link when I see this Impact Shorts vs my Decathon skate one … its like if I wear 10 layers of clothing to protect my ass :sweat_smile:

Also, if you buy a new helmet, go with MIPS technologie :wink:

I see what you mean, The protections must be as adjusted as possible, otherwise it has more friction during the falls and burns after. The Gform guard are very populare in longboard. It made me think that we my need something like that + a hard shell on top !

2 Likes

Nice! I’ll have to watch out for this products, too. Kevlar clothes padded with D30 would be ultimate.

Exactly this G-Form pads I meant!

1 Like

Fuk those jumps. I suck at eMTB’ing and I am jealous :smiley: Long way to learn!

So I built myself a kick ass kicker tonight:

But am regretting my choice of 12mm structural ply for the face - that bitch don’t bend!! Found a good use for the 2000+ Enertion wheel pulleys though!!

Hoping it’ll be more curvy in a couple of days otherwise I’ll be heading back to the DIY store for some 7mm! :joy::crossed_fingers:

Was hoping to shred it tomorrow too :sob: Oh well that’s another couple of days you’ll have to wait for some fat airs!!

My ambition for this kicker:

First electric mountainboarder to nail a 360 over a BBQ in the park! :metal:t2::wink::metal:t2:

10 Likes