Earn Cash | Become an Enertion Certified Build Expert & Reseller

Looking forward to seeing that website!

COOL… I thought you’d be interested. Setting everything up is a big job. Actually it is a job that never finishes… there will always be more things that can be done/improved.

So somtimes the best thing you can do is dive in and start…

When i first started selling just mounts, I had my website setup with products using images that where all just digital renders. I was selling stuff before I got the stock. It’s risky but once you have people who paid you for something it’s a huge motivation to deliver in a timely manner.

If you wait for everything to be perfect before you secure your first sale you could be waiting a long time :wink:

1 Like

@onloop i’ll be a super happy camper when that first order comes in. I’ve been bitten by the bug for sure. I’ll contact you very soon about moving forward.

I sent you an email before you went on holiday asking specifically for something like that. I’m glad that it’s now a possibility. Can you please let us know:

• Where/how do you register for the scheme?
  • I’m assuming the partner discount will be available to order parts for the reference build once you’ve validated the application? (As is usually the case in this sort of partnership agreement)
  • It would be great to have a generic contract drafted just so that we’re clear on terms and conditions around warranty, returns, etc (including timescales).

Hey mate… sorry if i missed your email bit crazy at Enertion HQ last few weeks…

So It’s not really a scheme and you don’t need to register per se.

This is about individuals putting up their hand saying “I build eboards”

If you can display your eboard building skills using enertion parts by making a build thread showcasing what you built, that is all you need to do.

Achieving LEVEL #1 is technically a vetting process for me. You show your commitment by doing a build with my parts and making a build thread. This shows me your are a serious person wanting to give it a go! Simply make it known you want to build boards for people by writing something in your build thread like:

Do you like my build? If you want me to build you something similar message me

Basically if you don’t build an enertion eboard to show your ability, you don’t get certified, which means i don’t advertise you or list you on my website, However even if you are not enertion Certified doesn’t mean you cant still say you will build eboards for people, i just wont be sending customers to you.

So once you post the BT ill review it! & if its well thought out and looks professional your AUTOMATICALLY CERTIFIED & I’ll list you on my website as a certified builder… and direct customers to you who want boards built.

Where you take it from there is up to you. There really is no need for a contract or terms and conditions at this stage. As this evolves I will document any necessary information.

The one thing that ill say is to progress through each level from #1, #2 & #3 there will be some milestones that must be achieved. So to go from level 1 to level 2 you need to build 5 customer boards and post them into your build thread. Once again this shows me you are serious, I don’t want time wasters, I want people that have proved they are committed. Afterwards then you get the discounts and can start buying discounted parts to do all future builds with. Also the more deals you do the more your discounts increase, eventually you end up at Level #3 and you are stocking parts & buying bulk at the maximum discount levels…

If you have specific questions use this thread to ask/discuss so we can all work together to make this a win-win for all involved.

@EvanAndDadProd i would like to say thank you. i was originally going to make a cheap 300$ e board but when i saw your parts list video i discovered enertion and more powerful high quality eboards. my wallet might not appreciate it but i sure do.

Thanks Hans

Thanks! glad you’ve enjoyed it.

Don’t get me wrong, it makes total sense for you to gauge individuals before giving them more privileges. But as a business owner myself, it makes equal sense to take guarantees and ensure we’ve agreed how we’re going to handle various situations.

Here’s what I can do for you: use my existing UK ltd company to create a distribution centre and a web presence selling your products from the UK and covering most of Western Europe. I have some experience in eCommerce and in distribution/reselling programs in the IT hardware industry.

The problem is that a loose agreement like the one you describe raises some questions, for instance:

• If customers return products under warranty, can I swap out their part once I’ve confirmed the fault and return the faulty unit to you?
  • You’re building quite a lot of brand equity in “Enertion”, to what extent are you willing to let us use it to market your products? Is my business at risk if you verbally agree a certain type of use but then realise that it creates a problem for you later. I’m potentially exposed to litigation without the means of proving that I had your approval.

Bottom line is, I’m wondering whether you’d entertain the idea of a more robust relationship within a distribution agreement framework. It looks like what I’m asking is a little different to what you have in mind. If you’re interested, we can discuss terms for an option #4. Possibly offline if you prefer.

By the way, if you use Google Analytics on your platform, I’d be interested to know if you’ve had any sales attributed to a campaign called “EvanAndDad”. This would be people like LockTight who found your site through a video we’ve made.

1 Like

@EvanAndDadProd

I 100% agree with what your saying. To be honest, the reason there isn’t a level #4 with official terms of trade defined is i haven’t had time to think it through.

In a way this current model was targeting the hobbyist/enthusiast looking to earn a bit of extra cash.

I will confirm that I have been talking to a few other individuals who want to establish a more formal agreement. Lets call it; Level #4. However it is something that needs careful consideration.

At level #4 Both parties will be investing lots of time, money & effort setting up businesses and systems to enable growth and to ensure a high level of support can be delivered to customers all over the world. There is much more risk so we both need some assurances in place. I’m fully with you in that regard.

Basically I need to draft a letter highlighting what you can and cannot do with my products and brand, what warranty you get and what price you can buy parts for.

This will take time. If you like you can email [email protected] some case studies of other similar and successful agreements and we can borrow some ideas and build this up to be somthing that is fair and reasonable for both parties.

Also I am very interested in learning more about the evolve business model. It’s seems to be working rather well.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us for further assistance.

Kind regards Jason.

@onloop just an throwing out an idea, but a good way i have seen to get people to advertise your product is you could give people who purchase your products discount codes and if they tell someone about it they can give them their code to use for a discount. if someone uses your code you could get a certain percent off your next order, credit for enertion products or some other form of incentive. this way it encourages people to advertise your brand for you.

2 Likes

@locktight this is essentially how an affiliate marketing system works.

It’s great for people who want to be brand ambassadors and spread the word about enertion online. People who have blogs or who are very active in online communities & social networks are best setup to take advantage of this type of partnership.

With this option there is no building involved (but you could also do that as well). You can start by simply writing an article or review about Enertion’s products on your blog, include a link to purchase. You can then earn some commission if the referred customer makes a purchase.

I am looking into this as I think it is a great way of becoming involved with the enertion journey without getting your hands dirty in the work shop.

Also, It could actually be an effective way for certified builders at level #1 to earn additional revenue from the customers who contract them to build the custom made eboard.

These system are very much software dependent. Finding the best affiliate marketing software is critical to build a robust and easy to use system.

Commission is normally around 4-10%.

can i sign up for 1 option “NUMBER 2” please and thanks onloop :smile:i got trade skills and i work 4 days on and 4 off. plenty of tinker time on hand i also have a baby on the way and could use this as a “get out of jail” card with the she devil aka “FUN DESTROYER”. Im 28 on the gold coast. great for you to expand your brand to sunny QLD. I love eskating have had fiiks, an evolve carbon at/street and currently roll on a non powered rayne and sayshun long board. 2015 has been rough for me to say the least i lost my aunt in jan on “STRAYA DAY” and then lost my old man on the 15th of FEB ive also had a career change, relationship break down, and financially ruined a life that was great well now a restart is in order i have a new partner with a baby on the way i work in security and have alot of spare day time hours that i can be of service and i dont really like my job so this is perfect to enjoy a passion on my days off.

Is this still going to be a thing? Do you have an resellers going through the process of getting setup currently?

Thanks @onloop

I think @longhairedboy is selling Enertion’s stuff. Not sure if he’s a reseller though.

i’m in the process of listing more Enertion items now, but at the moment i’ve only got the raptors listed. LHB is an official builder now so you can order those from me and get them within 3 weeks.

also price includes shipping, so no gotcha at the checkout.

I wonder about the difference between selling components to hobbyists more or less under the radar and selling complete configurations with the subsequent need to comply with regulations such as CE, FCC certification and whatnot. I know for a fact that you cannot market anything in the EU without a CE certificate, which implies risk analyses, validations and a lot of yada yada yada. And what about liability ? What if some poor soul burns down his/her house and the cause was a short in a SPACE cell that hasn’t passed any certificatons ? Or if some idiot drives his/her board into traffic, ends up a paraplegic and decides to sue the builder for not correctly informing him/her of the dangers/risks ? Not so far fetched in the US.

I’m not meaning to criticize anything here, just thinking out loud and inviting other’s opinions.

2 Likes

That’s a good question. I think the individual listings on the components covers that though, right?

Mine are more boutique, but the raptors are more assembly line. I have no idea if scale of production even plays into it.

I’m in the process of acquiring liability insurance as well as a proper LLC so i guess that’s another thing to add to the list.

Not to discourage anyone, but this is the exact reason I don’t like to sell completes. I have first hand experience with being sued. I will discuss via pm. Not public.

[quote=“longhairedboy, post:37, topic:329, full:true”] That’s a good question. I think the individual listings on the components covers that though, right? [/quote]

I’m not familiar with US regulations but I am very familiar with the EU ones so I’ll shed a little light on that topic.

In the EU, in theory all components sold separately need to be individually CE labeled, which basically means they have passed a review to verify they comply with EU regulations. I just checked a few parts from Hobbyking in my spares box and all of them are CE labeled, because they came from the EU warehouse. Now, even though each individual component is CE labeled and compliant, I can easily build a dangerous and non-compliant assembly that could hurt/kill/poison people, damage property etc. So if you’re selling assemblies in the EU, your assembly needs to pass CE validation as a whole, and that is even more complex than for individual components. You’ll need a risk analysis, all relevant design data, and you’ll need to make a user manual in the user’s own language, with a plethora of disclaimers. And it costs €. Long story short: if you sell assemblies in the EU they must comply to reg’s or you’re liable as hell.

i’m going straight to the horse’s mouth. I just submitted a request to UL so we’re all going to find out what’s what as soon as i hear back from them. All of my other processes have been public and transparent, so why not this too? Its kind of important.