E-Toxx Webshop Online

Hi Jens, could you tell us the weights of your new ISO-06B chain drive and the weight of this new DirectDrive? (metal parts are different compared to you first version, that I have and that is really great!!).

1 Like

Dude!

Awesome, put me down for one bro!

2 Likes

Yes Dudeā€¦ in the end the parts are readyā€¦longtherm expierences missingā€¦ means dont know how well bearings will handle sideloads ā€¦ but be aware that they even more expensive then my actually Driveā€¦ around 125ā‚¬ more

@DavidC I really have to put all stuff on a scale, cant say actuallyā€¦ Lightest Drive actually is for sure the actually Mini Driveā€¦ Remind me if i forget to give you more feedback about wheight Bro

1 Like

Bearings are cheap JensBro :star_struck:

count me in!

Great comment, piss my pants :kissing_heart:

Have your Encoder and Enclosure Stuff by anadosizingā€¦ could ship by end of next week hopefully

We can sort it out via PM

2 Likes

Do you or duffman make the helical gears? Or is there a place i do not know, who sells them at an affordable price?

dunno man, motor bearingsā€¦pulling apart them big motors sucks. These motors were supposed to push big props (SK3 anyway), would be interesting to know what the difference is in forces applied compared to the ESK8 application with helical gears.

Good point regarding the sideloadā€¦and the price. At this point, Iā€™ll take the noise for granted. But dangit, quiet direct drive will be a heaven for most.

Customer upcoming.

My scorpion airplane motors pull apart without too much hassle. I have already put helicopter motor shafts in them, so I have experience pulling them apart. I have a drill press I use to push in/out the press fitā€¦

Wait and see, can always go back to spursā€¦

If I donā€™t get them I will regretā€¦

Where can i get them?

I guess everyone who is making geardrives for esk8 is looking for helical gears but unfortunately they are hard to source. Either they are very expensive or only available in large quantitiesā€¦

So I did some R&D and manageds to machine my own helical gears. Specially tuned to match the same axle distance as the gears used in Jensoā€™s DD.

These are a 1:1 drop in replacement. Put them in and ride smooth and silent.

10 Likes

Holy fuck guys - when can we order!!! :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Custom made from @Duffman Sold soon by E-Toxx

4 Likes

Holy crap. My mini direct drive hasnā€™t even been delivered yet but time for an UPGRADE!!!

2 Likes

Next level, what helix angle are these gears? If the ratio between radial and axial force is lower than a given number, there are no problems or effect in life cycle, I donā€™t remember the exactly number, but in the SKF design manual all procedure is explained to calculate to account for side loads with spherical bearings

Please make a video of them side by side when possible!!!

4 Likes

They have 22.73 degrees helix angle. This is the skew you need to get exactly one tooth twist on the given width of the gears. So there is always one full tooth engaged at any given time.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s good, when you see Jed boards gear, they are to thin and have way less than a full tooth engaged, maybe it will work ok, but for noise reduction at least one tooth is good practice

2 Likes

@Nowind Video comparison! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

+1 :ok_hand:

1 Like

Iā€™ve generated some hype with that pic. Do I earn a prize? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nope. Youā€˜re not the one who made itā€¦

2 Likes