E-Toxx Webshop Online

I think I gonna order this which you also recommended

For the v-ring I have PTFE spray already.

Is it neccessary to open and clean the drivetrain from time to time when riding in dusty and muddy environments?

Got replacements of course… wheelspur 65€… motorspur 25€ …

You ride 2000km in 5month? You can do long term testing… document your rides via Gps… if you kill your gears in one year … about 5000km… you get complete replacemeent kit for free :slight_smile:

How does it sound?

@rich Will be fine… Maybe you find some richoil :smile:

3 Likes

Good deal. I’ll save up some cash and will get back to you.

Yes, I do around 2000 in 5 months. Only shitty weather holds me back (drizzle & light snowfall is ok). To work and back is around 20 KM and I often go on 30 KM trips during the weekend (hilly area with dirt roads & height differences of 500 meter).

Belts lasted around 200 KM, alu wheel pulley around 400 (switched to steel…will see). Replacement belts & wheel pulleys alone has been somewhat expensive, thus looking to switch to either chain or direct drive for my next build (also cause belt drive is just impossible in the snow).

You can get cute with oil if you know what the friction modifiers, acids and added metals are. I used to run my motard and dirt bikes on synthetic diesel oil bought by the barrel instead of the gallon. Commercial oils are not just oil. A oil bath will make the drive quieter, but then the gear is swimming through oil so it will cause more drag.

Hydraulic oil, transformer oil and tallow are all rated “c” as poor according to the above link. Anything caustic was rated as not recomended at all. I had done some research on some academic engineering papers initially, their std would only be to use “a” or highly recommended lubricant. In that context you could use the above in diy with a accepted rate of failure. Where as the engineer accepts no perceived failure.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ll still be on the hunt for the perfect thin lubricant.

Do you have any thoughts on silicone grease? That had to be okay with POM. Unfortunately there is no data on it on my spread sheet

Dude I’m on the back end of a record day and a double shift at my bar & the only advice i’d take from me right now is: have another drink & we will work out tomorrow. That & I expect tomorrow to be even busier than today… so maybe tomorrow means at best the day after :wink:

1 Like

DeoxIT fader series are the slippy-est lube for a plastic to metal contact that i know of, its used for making crossfaders super slippy for scratch dj’s, its not cheap though you can buy in v small amounts.

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1748/.f?sc=2&category=293

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1746/.f?sc=2&category=293

Perfect… do you add ´´Guard Set´´ for direct drive models on E-shop?

something like that

1 Like

Hey

Sorry missed this… Made a few for some who uses 80mm Motors

Actually not that high on my priority list (-; You need some?

Cheers Jens

I would make it if it was possible to use your program.dwf / dwg I would burn it to TruLaser 3030 Fiber in my work.

if it was possible here is my mail [email protected]

And still thank you for the Direct Drive from your e-shop :slight_smile:

Are you Roman?

Its Motoradapters and Braces Dude… you wanna lasercut them?

1 Like

yop i have in work some dural sheet …, but I do not have the technical documentation ‘’ program ‘’ like AutoCad …

is it possible that you would make me a set? i use this motors ,which you think I should buy 170 or 200Kv ?

Depends on desired Topspeed… 200kv is good for 60kmh

Please send me an PM or email for Guards Set if still interrested.

Actually Webshop is a bit empty… many stuff is sold out But new Stock is coming, ready from machining waiting for colours End of next week should be all back in stock

15 Likes

Are you working on a new drive? Noticed some different gear designs in the pic thread.

1 Like

that should be @idea and not Jens

But apparently only for Evolve trucks.

Thetes a lot of oils too choose from, thicker or thinner

dunno, saw this here. Helical vs straight what Jens has used previously.

05db8365987596bedecaa4b2222ca0192b7df4b6_1_690x388

6 Likes

@telnoi

Working with @Duffman on a Helical gear setup… This way it gets silent and the only downside of the Gear setup is gone …

Will be compatible to excisting Drives…

30 Likes

Sounds like the perfect solution. Any time frame on when that version will be available in your shop?

1 Like