E-Toxx DirectDrive VS Trampa Vesc6 VS Leopard 8072-170kv VS Nowind

Good to have you here again Bro :grin:

1 Like

Somebody needs to buy @Duffman a beer

2 Likes

@Duffman did you try a narrow version of your elastomere inside the existing springs on the spring trucks?

So what do you think I told you in this post? :confused:

I mean exactly what @Duffman is talking about. When I remember correct Benjamin said that you shouldn’t set the motor current higher than 140A on the VESC 6 and already that could fail because he has never tried it himself. (He has no motor that is able to handle it) So everything on your own risk.

If I were you, I would accept @rpasichnyk’s offer to send you the module. I know that his metr app works with VESC 6 like a charm, because I use it myself and that not matched apps to the new VESC communication protocol could fry your VESC 6.

May i ask you guys with spur gears (especially @Nowind), is the small gear getting hot in your system? Cause i’m building one myself and was running it for first time one the bench today for some minutes, and the small gear and motorshaft felt very hot. Dunno if thats normal, didn’t use grease may be better then?

um… lube it dude, spit on it if you have too :innocent:

2 Likes

Ah Dude you are a ray of Sunshine :grin: I dont get it thats already includet in the Vesc Tool… checked vesc-project forum but dont find it I was not smart enough, but i think you even make it not really clear that it is already one click away. But i thank you really for the Input.

Thanks for warning about the app… i would like to use @Ackmaniac because i already have it I dont understand why i dont get the ackmaniac app running with the vesc 6… I know @Pimousse is using it with his Dual Setup… pméd a bit yesterday but dont make it running

But after all i now got the No-Limits FW uploadet :imp: Jöööö 130A MC 100A BC

I mentioned a hot parallel connector… Hobbyking style ones… Detected a broken solder connection :

Looking forward to new testride tomorrow afternoon…

6 Likes

Definitely mate, with my battery fully charged, the punch it has, if I’m not careful and do a full lean it would throw me.

1 Like

@hexakopter, Ackmaniac’s app works perfectly with VESCs 6. I reverse engineered it for an Arduino project and communicated Ackmaniac the new protocol. Both Arduino and BT module communicate wiith a VESC 6 on my Dual setup. @nowind : sad we couldn’t arrange your BT to work. What version of the app are you using ?

1 Like

@Pimousse App version is 1.45

Should work. My last ride was with 1.45 as well.

To sum up :

• You have VESC 6 with FW3.26
  • You wired correctly Rx HM10 to Tx VESC6, Tx HM10 to Rx VESC6 (+Vcc and GND)
  • You selected PPM + UART and 9600 baudrate in VESC Tool
  • You use VESC Monitor (by Ackmaniac), version 1.45. and
  • It does not work

Well, that doesn’t make sense. :confused: Double-check wiring maybe, but I don’t have ideas anymore to troubleshoot your issue. Can you try another HM-10 module ? (one of mine stopped working after an update of Ackmaniac app, don’t know why)

1 Like

Thanks for nice writeup. Yes all points are fullfilled and it dont work. Wait for another BT Module to test. Ackmaniac said also thats probably the modue itself Thanks again

2 Likes

but if it works with a 4.12 then it can’t be the module no?

@Nordle Forget to reply… I dont think that they should get real hot Adjust gearmesh… more backlash Use lubrication

Cheers

That’s what I think, too. My HM-10’s working on HW 4.12 with FW 2.18 or 2.54 but not with FW 3.26. After downgrading they work again. But i use FOC with FW 3.26 so i can’t use the app :sweat:

1 Like

Maybe @Ackmaniac has some identifier to switch between protocols for v4 and v6 hardware. If that is the case maybe the “no-limits” firmware does not respond in a way that lets the app decide that it is a v6. @Nowind does the app work with @Pimousse’s instructions when using the normal firmware for the v6?

AFAIK, Ackmaniac uses first the COMM_FW_VERSION to determine wheter it’s the old or new firmware. I didn’t updated my VESC 6 since I received them (very first of them in the beta program), maybe it’s a old one that still works. I’ll check the version this evening.

Maybe VESC Monitor is checking the exact version, so updating a new one results to a bad selection of the protocol ? Just guessing.

It dont work with both… No limit Default 3.26

Be careful with to high Amp settings! The no limits FW has no limit and that can be fatal for the hardware. 120-130 is probably the most you should use. Did you also screw up the battery Amps to that level? Reliance really depends on the time you actually draw these amps. I bet its quite a short period in your case and that might be fine. Have a close look at the temp. We do not recommend to use the unlimited FW, unless you know exactly what you do. It’s experimental! This is why I wanted to ask Benjamin for a 120-130A limited FW for your setup. Obviously you are experimenting…

Frank

BC to 100A actually MC is 130A actually

It will be fine… sounds still safe i guess

1 Like