E-Toxx DirectDrive VS Trampa Vesc6 VS Leopard 8072-170kv VS Nowind

yeah the 80mm Outrunners will stick out of the wheels… no way to avoid this with only 60mm CtC

But hey its not that much and show me any other drive system which come only close to this compact style

Also it would be maybe nice as an upgrade to have some “Leo Adapters” which where able to carry a Brace (-; BTW i have to redesign the Adapters anyway for use with the Stainless drive parts because of clearence issues for the two nuts in the motor area…

Dont forget about the full tilt meassurements :

PLENTY (-; more then the trucks with dampas are capable IMO

12 Likes

DId your 6374 Motors actually reach the limit, (producing alot of heat) ? or is it your thought to get more torque from the Leos ?

looks awesome and dangerous anyway.

greets Notger

1 Like

Mainly its just pushing the Limits :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Nice, but did you reach the Limit of the 6374 allready ?

On hot summerdays i meassured about 60degree inside… thats the safe limit IMO

80mm Leo’s making your gear box look tiny.

Sounds cool Bro, are you thinking three scalloped rods/ bars or a mono brace?

Looks Muscly Dude!

To get full advantage of VESC 6 I’d add hall sensors to those leos, I think burnouts from stand still would not be an issue then :smiley: It’s pretty simple, you just may need to mill small slots between stator ribs and then glue halls with soldered cables :sunglasses:

Just my two cents, as always Jenso, You keep pushing boundaries further and further!

3 Likes

Why would sensors keep this thing from burnouts? If the wheel slips the hall sensor does not know that. Sensors only help cogging issues and to get the motor going - they are not used for traction control AFAIK

You misunderstood my post, I meant that this should be one hell of a tyre smoking board :smiley:

1 Like

I do not know the leos from inside, but with some motors you could just glue them between the starot teeth. Sure then they are perpendicular tu the rotormagnets but that does not seem to matter. At least in my sk3 that worked if there is enough space above the windings

1 Like

That’s why I put “may” in that sentence :wink: I had to in my emax GT5345, gaps were to narrow but assuming Leo’s are 80mm outrunners it indeed may be possible to simply glue sensors in stator gaps :sunglasses:

1 Like

Maybe I’m missing the point, I think Jenso wants to see what brakes :punch: first…E-Toxx DD V’s Vesc6 V’s 80mm Leo… this is destruction testing! Just hope Jenso, doesn’t blow up batteries trying, that would be a win for all three!!! & biggest fireworks yet!

1 Like

I get the feeling that the bottle neck in this test will be @Nowind himself :smiley:

4 Likes

True (-:

I was drunk that time, missed some details… :sunglasses:

Thanks Bro You are absolutely right… i wished i have done this before glueing the spurpulleys to the shaft… so we will go with a NON sensored test first but already talked about @BigBoyToys about some nice APS 80mm sensored outrunners

Oh i would like a big Lipo firework alot… never ever fired a Lipo … would be only nice to get out of Bindings+Heelstraps first :kissing_closed_eyes:

In the end Dude its what i´m looking for ! The point where you really feel that the machine will perform your skillz out… Tame the DEMON

1 Like

Alien power is happy to make these motors as per our specifications. I placed my order this morning for 4 sensored 8082 outrunners with 33mm length/12mm diameter shafts with 3mm keyways. They will wind to your KV specs as well. He quoted a me 3-4 week lead time :crossed_fingers:.

Whats the predicted cont/peak Amps on those big boys @BigBoyToys? Are you going to run 12s or… & (V)ESC?

1 Like

Off topic but what does Jens drink for kicks?

ROFL… kill it bro! :punch:

4 x vesc 6’s to start. So whatever they can push. Im guessing 3500w . Yes 12S

3 Likes

Cool, be interesting to see how much they weigh/ copper they can squeeze in to them :sunglasses: and if VESC6 is the bottle neck?

What kv/gear/wheel did you go for?

Sorry Jenso Bro, hope you don’t mind talking big motors esc’s in your thread :stuck_out_tongue:

250KV but consoderong going higher, standard trampa superstar hubs with 200mmx 50mm tires. Jensos kit is 5:1 ratio I believe.