E-Toxx DirectDrive VS Trampa Vesc6 VS Leopard 8072-170kv VS Nowind

Good that you now got it.:slight_smile: Hopefully next time I will describe things more clearly. Was thinking you as a VESC expert understand what I was talking about. :smiley: By the way your parallel connector looks not that safe to push 100A through. Not just because the XT90 was designed for 90A, but more because of the little solder contact. Adding some copper/wire there for a bigger contact area would be a good idea.

Do you know that the UART (TX and RX) pins are switched between HW4.12 and HW6.X? When you already switched them and it is still not working than its most likely @Ackmaniac’s App that is not updated for the newest firmware. I could just mention @rpasichnyk metr app again that is working fine for me and with its design, functions like video overlays and other extras I prefer it over Ackmaniacs app.

It should be no problem to climb the Mont Blanc with these settings, because the VESC decrease the current output when a temperature limit is reached. So it is not possible to pull 100A when the VESC is to hot. For example my cutoff starts at 80°C. I have reached that limit quite often, but no problem at all because of the automatic cutoff limit.

@TarzanHBK I can tell you that the current VESC 6 in a eBike with a big motor is already a lot of fun. :slight_smile: So I wouldn’t call it really low amperage for that stuff. Its more that other controllers can handle more than 12s. That is the bigger constraint I think.

2 Likes

:joy: like a sharp knife… always on da point … I´m no master on the Vesc, i´m the master of destroying anything :smiling_imp: I should be product tester for big companys… Sometimes i´m just dumb, othertimes only mad :innocent:

Anyways

True on this shitty parallel connectors, refreshed them with more solder!

Hooked up a new BT module, same connection as before… RX and TX flipped

it WORK… but anytime you close the app, or shut down the vesc you have to do the following : connect USB log in VESC TOOL, read App configuration… write App Configuration… WORK again Not nice but we are coming closer :joy:

The new Values with 130A MC 100A BC 150 AC (stays same as before) Kicks you really HARD , power increase massive on lower RPM… NICE … But i get fault codes :

ABS over current ones :

Picture of setted values (little decrease the MC) :

Go down again to 100A MC, and get this Fault codes too… but not that easy as on 120/130 MC Meaning of easy : full throttle with lots of wheight on the reartruck on meadow :imp:

Let me know what ya think guys…

3 Likes

Wait, your issue was reversed Tx/Rx ? :smiley:

No… it seems that it was the module itself… all other stays the same…

Ok. Anyway, good that you’re now in the game. But the fact you loose the settings each time doesn’t sound good… :confused: Does it the same if you power cycle the VESC without plugging the HM10 module ?

Yeah in the end i have to connect anytime i wanna use the app : Start the Vesc-Tool first and do this App Config-LOAD-WRITE thing… dont know … for sure @ackmaniac will solve this when the tool is released

Let me say this : This Vesc6 is really the sickest ESC i ever use… Actually using it far away from safe specs … 130MC-100BC-175AC NOT recommend this, but hey “no Wind” … “no Fun” …HÄÄÄ …:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

THX to BV

17 Likes

How does the Vesc6 compair to the Roxxy in terms of power and “punch”?

The difference is that you can set it up in the way you want… from absolutely ill to realy handsome… think about the brake on the roxxy, its really really special to call it nice and good… VESC 6 is just what i was waiting for… Roxxy for sale (-;

3 Likes

oh shit i’ve just bought them!… :sweat:

4 Likes

Loving your work as always man! I’ll happily take the Roxxys off ya hands! :muscle:t2:

1 Like

@DavidC I used them over a year, loved the power output… Crazy For me the brake was okay, get used to it fast… But heard of more then one customer that he dont get on with it

You want them?

1 Like

For sure if you wanna part with them. I’ll drop you a pm :facepunch:t2:

Hey Jens, which batteries are you using right now that can give out sooo much power? Also, how long long do they last on your builds? (not talking about range but cycle life)

Its 40C Lipos … HK Zippy Compact 4X 6S-6200mAh 12S2P shredding them over 2 years now… cant say in cyles but MANY and i´m bad to my lipos… charging with 20Amps… direct charging even if they warm… but they have lived their life now … will replace soon

Yeah those HK Lipos are weirdly long lasting, i abused mine for almost 4 years now with quadcopters and they still work well enough for a single drive longboard. But good to know that those cheap lipos are enough for mountainboard applications, i was afraid of having to buy gensace or similar :smiley:

Nowind have you tried Duty Cycle mode in vesc tool or do you prefer current/watt mode?

1 Like

Not tested DutyCycle… running Current and one day current with reverse… Funny but a little dangerous Imo If you are used to, pressing the brake on stillstand to enter or leave the board… you will get an nice surprice when the board start acccelerating backward :wink:

Also its possible on loose surface to brake so hard that the wheel short comes to stop and then start spinning backward… funny going 15mph forward with one wheel spinning backward …

3 Likes

Eeeek :fearful:

So wait I’m not sure if i understand right, you allready made that expereince, or is it theory ?

would your 6374 Motor alo have such strong regen-brake ? or is it because of the Leo ?

PS.: your package arrived, juuuuh “sadly” I’m going on vacation tomorrow, so my direct-drive project has to wait a bit longer, still,… thanks allready… looks like fun

Not theory… real world (-; Sounds logic too IMO, once the wheel stopped the Vesc says OKAY start spinning backward is okay This can happens on loose terrain by full brake …

Its nothing i´m worried about… just wanna share it… for what i should need RESERVE on MTB really ? You got Bindings, do a 180…

Nice that you got the Parts Dude … Let me know if i can help ya anytime