E-Toxx belt drive I Trampa holypro I MBS: F5 bindings + heelstraps, T2 9" tires, FiveStar hubs, MatrixII trucks I Roxxy ESC's I Turnigy: SK3 192kv motors, Graphine 6S 5000mAh 65C (wired in series for 12S)

These are evolve tires or just 7inch ones (other brand?)

Do you know up to how many kw your belt can peform well?

Im interested in bigger belt performance as part of the deal Im having with 15mm belts :smiley:

No, theyā€™re 8" MBS roadies.

Not sure on the belts? @Nowind

mh I meant the ones on the left side ( the smaller ones)ā€¦

hah I think @Duffman might answer my question as well but im not sure will he want to get disturbed to answer this one side topicā€¦

I do know @Duffman used a different teeth type / profile pulleys as to also have better power transfer.

@Okami

Yeah, the one on the leftā€™s 8": https://www.mbs.com/parts/13101-8-mbs-roadie-tire-black-1

One on the right: https://www.mbs.com/parts/13120-9-mbs-t2-tires-1

9" tires only fit the fivestar hubs though fwiu: https://www.mbs.com/parts/13211-mbs-fivestar-hub-1-white

1 Like

@benjammin coolā€¦ these 9inch ones really confused me, as i thought knobbies were already 8inch ones, so the ones to the left, need to be even smallerā€¦

Looks similar to my primo striker tires because of the big size :smiley:

Ive also seen mudplugger tires for some really extreme off road riding.

This 25mm wide HTD5 Belts are really strong, from Motorpower only i dont killed them. On Bens MBS Beltdrive its even better caused to more axle Distance, compared to my Flame or Trampa Drive. Used 12S Roxxy and in one build 80mm Leopards. Ok in this special build i used HeavyDuty Belts, just because they fit in my coulor theme :relieved:

The problem i had with Belts was Dirt, more the wet one then dry debris. As long as you dont ride in autum woods with lot of mud and falling leaves it will be fine IMO.

3 Likes

@Nowind Mh thanks for reply. Im more interested in 20mm belts actually. 25mm seems way wide and probably requires axle support already for the motor / pulley.

Im not sure if im gonna build one but im interestrd to find out what belt might be needed for 2 - 2.5kw setup per one motor.

It might as well.be that 15mm still suits this category but if.i remember one of the charts i saw. 3-4hp was the limit for 15mm/htd5 and speeds we use.

Then again it depends on how correct and truthful this chart was, which i saw

Finally getting back around to this build. Gave up on waiting for the YGE capbanks from Reisenauer. Horrible customer service with these people. Ordered these instead from Offshore Electrics:

Ended up swapping the 9" tires out for 7" evolves. Wouldā€™ve been way too fast for me otherwise.

5 Likes

Just got a night ride in. Roads are dead here at night. Been riding in the middle of the highway :grin: This thing hauls ass :smiling_imp: Was cruising at 30mph, and still felt like I had quite a bit of trigger to go. Didnā€™t wanna push it too hard on the first ride. Brakes on the Roxxys are going to take some getting use to. Very touchy. The trucks handle the speed with ease though. Got a real soft buttery feel to 'em compared to springs.

1 Like

Sweet as dude, are they 5 x 1000ĀµF 63v Caps? 5000ĀµF in tottal? do you have one for each esc or?

@Cobber

Yeah ends up being more total microfarads than YGE iirc. General consensus on the RC forums says itā€™s better to use smaller caps and more of them, so YGEā€™s probably a better bet I think. These were easier to get here in the states though. Yes, one for each ESC.

1 Like

That thing looks like a monster for sure. Is there any tuning of the roxxys with a programming card like the Max6?

We also need some video dude! :wink:

@sMATTEr

There is tuning for the roxxys, but unfortunately not for the brakes. Iā€™ll try and get some video soon. Gotta get a youtube account going.

1 Like

Cool good to know. I have 5 x 330ĀµF 63v on my esc('s) and I just ordered 2 x YGE 9 caps (9 x 390ĀµF) from freakware.de I hope they get to me faster than yours did :confused: Iā€™ll be at 5160ĀµF total close to your total. Have you got a anti spark system? my esc has a extra active wire with I think a a resistor as described here So esc end Iā€™ll have those and xt150 antisparks the otherā€¦ Iā€™m not going with a switch. Those MBS F5 bindings look substantial!

@Cobber

Iā€™m just using an XT90-S connector. Definitely get quite a bit of spark without it.

Yeah these F5s are awesome! Very comfortable.

They be the UGG boots of bindingsā€¦ they look plush! Iā€™m running a few more volts and amps through my motors I think?

@Cobber

:smile: Thatā€™d be dope to have some fur lining in there.

1 Like

@benjammin Just for those times you have your snow chains on right? hehe

1 Like

Got my other belt drive up for sale if anyoneā€™s interested. Asking $300.

May very well end up parting with these speed controllers too if I canā€™t get the hang of the brakes.

3 Likes

yeah Iā€™m interestedā€¦ iā€™ll pm you to see if it will work

1 Like