E-switch on BMS

Don’t all BMS bleed voltage? If you were going to leave for a long time, ideally you’d just disconnect the BMS

They might but I just didn’t understand why this one would supply power under any load even when the switch was off. As I was gonna have to jump through hoops to house it’s size I just decided to do away with it.

My guess is there

I tested 4 different bmss from china. They all bled voltage, but when I used a 5amp fuse to test current, voltage dropped and the fuse remained intact. Yes @TarzanHBK ,bms-on while charging sucks very much. For this and a lot of other reasons I would love to see some badass bmss (like jtag’s) get funds to reach the market… @smurf If I had that board on my bench, I probably would have tried shorting 90% of the f**ing holes to get the holy switch function :smile:.

Hmm that sucks… I think I’ll add a second switch to disconnect the vescs, so they won’t fry over time due to constant low current

1 Like

Has anyone figured out the definitive way to add an e-switch to the supower (battery supports) BMS? I am going to use the e-switch and unplug the vescs while charging. Not going to have room for a separate anti-spark switch and would prefer something more elegant than the XT-90S

IMO this mod it’s not worth it at all, If you guys find the way to add the e-switch you will requiere to power on your battery while it takes a charge, if you are willing to do that and leave your board turned on all night (if you forget to turn it off) or stay standed up besides the board until it reaches 100% SoC, then yeah go ahead and add the e-swtich, otherwise just get an antispark switch and forget about it.

I really wonder where Enertion got their Space cell BMS, it’s literally like 3x7cm and has a built in e-switch that doesnt require the board to be on to charge.

1 Like

There are many things Enertion or Evolve won’t ever tell us, but if you know the right people you could get your hands on whatever electronic device you could think of.

Nevertheless, we need to look further in China, there must be something for us there

I’ve looked at a ton of places, but even the smallest 10s BMS’s I find are quite a bit larger than the SCP BMS. The search continues…

1 Like

It has value but sounds like not your setup.

I have a disconnect to the vesc. If I can get the e-switch to work, then I eliminate the need for the anti-spark which takes up more room and is one more potential failure point.

I have a batterysupports 10s bms with e-switch functionality integrated. Since i am still waiting for parts to arrive i have not really tested it but i can tell that with the e-switch switched off i still get around 9v on the output. That’s why i don’t trust it and will use an external e-switch. If you want i can upload some pictures.

That would be great, if you don’t mind uploading some pics. @Stefan

Bummer it still puts out 9v…

Don’t external mosfet switches need constant power as well?

9V is massive! Mine is outputting about 2,5V. With 9V I would be afraid to power up my Vescs…

I have not connected it to a vesc yet. Maybe the voltage will drop once connected to the vesc, but eiterway i don’t trust it.

yah…maybe put a bit of load on it and see if it drops down a bit

2 Likes

i’ll just keep doing this. One switch to cut the power when i want, and one behind that to cut it in an overload or undervoltage situation. If the vedder switch fails into the on position like they do sometimes on rare occasion, then the BMS will cut power when the voltage runs too low from draining too much.

1 Like

Thank you! Could you take one more pic close up so i can read the numbers?