E-skating in norway - trouble with police?

Try speeding in Switzerland they take your car, license and ban you from the country if your foreign

1 Like

Yeah I was there ITs Super clean You could eat off the highway floors LOL.

Also Heard that once someone littered and got reported so a chopper came fined the guy in the car and made him pay for the chopper ride :joy: Probably a myth. And @MonkeyFist before you think we derailed this topic we actually bumped it up for you Your welcome :smiley:

1 Like

:laughing: no problem.

1 Like

Ya but how’s your experience with the guards been around eskating and what’s our rights like?..your dead on treat em normally and don’t act fool they normally (sometimes you just get a robocop dickhead) theyr normally alri but iv not yet been eskating as I’m finishing my build …just interested if you’ve had any run ins

Well Sorry never esk8ted before but Im sure they won’t do anything. and as for “Robo Dickheads” Just play nice and If they somehow really really suck Well you’re screwed because they can pull out there police bat and hit you in places nobody else can see :policeman: :hammer:

But on my push longboard I was going not to fast about 25km/h At a police Stop point and carving hard like Around every car I mean it looks scary like some snake Bam Bam left right another car and There was a lot of cops there and at the bottom of some other cops breath he said Could you please stop. So most police are cool and it’s awkward for them to yell or say anything against.

1 Like

Never had a problem. Ride the board almost every days in Oslo.

Nrk el skateboard Has anybody read this? What are youre thoughts?

Is it easy to make a speed limiter with a vesc?

The article basically says the same as the official rules, nothing new really. Here is the offical rules for reference:

As long as your board isnt longer than 120cm and goes faster than 20km/h you are within the rules. However my board goes 55 km/h and I have never experienced problems with the cops. As long as you ride safely and take it easy around others you shouldnt have any problems.

There is very easy to set a speed limiter on the vesc firmware.

As long as you use the certified road legal norwegian Whooshboards mounts, the cops will not bother you but rather ask “where the hell did you get them rad looking mounts from?” :joy:

Hey dude. I’ve been skating e-skate in Oslo for the past 3 years… Almost daily for commuting and my route takes me past police hq and lots of police hotspots, Brugata/G.Løkka/Oslo S etc and never once had a strange look from them… These days there are sooo many e-scoots around I don’t think they care as long as you ain’t smashing it through peds. The law on esk8 is currently the same as e-scoots/e-bikes. Gotta have lights, bell(don’t know how this works with sk8) and max speed of 20-22km. But stuff the speed and bell… I just don’t hoon around high density areas and it’s fine.