E-MTB Room (EMTB pics and specs)

You understood that the new trampa remote will not work with the unity. It works with the focbox as it uses the vesc FW but th unity is different, so that will not work. Not for now as min.

2 Likes

awesome thread. I have no idea what Iā€™m doing but Iā€™ve started buying stuff for a 4wd e-mtb. very much looking forward to it. been reading heaps here but still plenty more to learn. guess iā€™ve got plenty of time seeing as I ordered two unitys only yesterday :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe you want to post which parts you already choose or about to order and we can give you some advice or ideas?

1 Like

ordered so far;

mbs pro 97 complete

etoxx 4:1 helicals for mbs

2 unitys

Planning on purchasing;

maytech r2 style remote

4x maytech 170kv 6374 motors

10s?p 30q battery - will ask Bajaboards to build for me as I would like to use the same battery as an external extra battery for the G4x

Thatā€™s about as far as I have gotten so far.

2 Likes

Looks good. Wouldnā€™t go below 8p than if you really want to enjoy riding.

1 Like

thinking 10p but once the deck comes I need to get an idea of the size I have to work with plus enclosure. edit: thinking pelican case

2 Likes

I thought they are going to open source the firmware. Hoping that somebody have the knowledge and time to change the firmware that it can works with the unity.

2 Likes

Crap I forgot about it that. More deciding to do now lolā€¦

Does anyone have any good advice for securing VESC enclosures to the back of a trampa board? I used a bit of dual lock but it seems its not enough

Yes. Donā€™t do it.:wink:

Put everything in the central enclosure.

@rich and @nowind and @okp Have a lot of experience, aka them.

I always screw them to a plate holden by the trucks screws ^^

4 Likes

What if you want to quickly swap the batteries, as is my plan!?

Why would putting everything in the same enclosure hinder you in any way?

I have seen many nice solutions that would allow for what you want to do.

1 Like

Because if the vescs are in the battery enclosure its gonna be a pita. Im running a Li-ion pack, its not an option to quickly swap lipos

1 Like

You can make a divider in the enclosure.

Mine is the Monster Box but you get an idea how you could do it. Obviously I also have foam in there to stop the pack from moving.

20181122_195830

Another good idea, is if you are using a waterproof box to mount the vescs on the lid.

3 Likes

So this is what I have

20190526_191501

The idea is to be able to quickly swap the battery packs 20190526_191449

Which works well, I will make another big pack and a smaller one for jumps etc. So I am just researching the best way to secure the vesc enclosure at the back

5 Likes

Ok, the photos make it clear. I see what you have there. It looks like a very practical setup.

It is just that I have an aversion to any weight close to the ends of a MTB as it increases rotational inertia.

2 Likes

Yeah I see mate, its not too much weight tbh, 3d prined case etc.

Its mainly about swapping the batteries quickly, I want a long range board but also I can quickly put a small pack on there for jumping etc.

1 Like

Just the inner spring holes. Best you can do. If you still have the old baseplate with only outer position holes you can just use some M6 threaded inserts. Easy thing, easy swap. If you want to have access to the screws later mount the escs facing to the top. Gives you more air flow anyway. Itā€™s a win win :wink: