Dual VESC need help!

Hey builders

i m a swiss german dude and i need help… i have my 2 vescs over ppm and canbus… one is selected 0 one 1 and slave is ¨send over canbus¨ after i change to normal settings, just one vesc worked now i have connected bouth vescs over pwm signal and it work but not synchron is the german word… i dont know in english …

have someone the same problem?

1 Like

Using split ppm to control dual vesc. They will not be perfectly synced but it will be unnoticeable when riding. You will only notice it if you start the motors slowly with no load. Split ppm is a more reliable method than Canbus. If you decide to run canbus, make sure the cable is very secure and won’t shake loose with vibration. There is a certain way to set up for canbus and I can’t remember what it is. Maybe someone else can chime in and give you the low down.

As for me and my house, we use split ppm…

2 Likes

now i have from 60A to 20A motor max… hit me two times on the foor lol thx dude i try this tomorow

1 Like

were is split ppm? one vesc is with pins one is sodered… i can try soder the 2. to

Split ppm means you get a Y signal cable to connect both vescs to one receiver. Each vesc is setup individually as a master. They both receive the same signal from the receiver but work independently of each other. When using this method it is important that you run the red 5v+ wire of the signal cable to only one vesc.

now i have ch1 and ch2 over pwm signal one vesc is ch1 one ch2… is this the problem?

1 Like

no. thats not what split ppm is…

That won’t work. You need a Y cable to connect both Vescs to channel 2

1 Like

Or two receivers paired to the same remote?

2 Likes

now i have a Wii nunchuk… but i dont know if the pins are right…

1 Like