Dual Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6354-260kv with 2 Serial Multistar High Capacity 8000mAh 6S 10C Batteries

you could always add more in parallel!

I keep forgetting that hah very true. I might buy 3 just in case :smile:

If you go 10S now i would take a lower kv motor. Shouldn’t be a problem with the 260kv but you could use lower gearing ratio then.

I have no experience with them, I say they are bad as others on here have mentioned they burn out rather easily. Cheaper components, no warranty, not all manufacturerers are created equal. I’d personally go with Chaka if I bought a vesc right now

From what I’ve read around the Maytech VESC’s are supposed to be pretty good. I’ll let you know the verdict once I’ve got my hands on them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you haven’t bought the motors I have 2 new 260s that I want to get rid of.

Don´t use 10s with such a high kv motor. Pls choose a combination listed below. Vescs are best to use with 10s systems - not too much current and not too much voltage. So I recommend 10s with 190kv.

1 Like

@TarzanHBK ok great thanks for the heads up. Would dual KEDA 63-64 190KV Brushless Outrunner 10S 2000W be ok? https://hobbyking.com/en_us/kd-53-30-high-voltage-brushless-outrunner-190kv.html

It’s like a massive sodoku puzzle, change one thing you need to re-think about everything else! :

Thanks @wmj259 but I think I’ve decided to go for a bit lower KV as a few people have mentioned them.

1 Like

haven´t heard of this model before, but should work if you have enough space to mount them in a dual configuration.

Hi! Sorry for hijacking this thread but I have a few questions in regards to the battery OP had initially thought of purchasing.

I would like to know why @Nordle thinks that they are crappy, and what do you mean by 4C constant discharge when it says 10C discharge?

Furthermore, I would like to know why the general consensus is that these batteries are terrible.

I am considering pairing this with the following motor: Turnigy D5035-125KV Sensored Brushless Motor

As far as I know, these batteries are good for up to 80A motors (10C x 8Ah). This motor is 45A so on paper, this should work right? (2x these batteries in serial)

Moreover I would like to know what @TarzanHBK Celldrifs means and how it relates to 10C. Why is 35C recommended?

Thank you all!

1 Like

A guy from Endlesssphere named “icecube” tested these and rated them 4C or less, because the quality is really bad and they don´t hold up 10c discharge. They are good for low discharge things, but not our application. If you only run low currents with only flat lands and you´re a lightweight, you may be ok with them.

About Voltage sag. You´ll find some infos in this thread:

and here:

To avoid sagging as good as possible, use a battery rated as high as possible or the same battery a few times in parallel to take the load combined.

I ordered my VESC direct from Maytech. No problems with it (10S BLDC). I also own a TB VESC. Funny how some people here who have no personal experience with either brand are quick to parrot “it’s shit”.

1 Like

I think so because i read a topic on ES-forums where a trusted member tested them and showed his data there. And the graph showed inaceptable voltage sag above 4C. The manufacture say 10C because that sounds nice ya know…

@Nordle So, for this D5035-125KV motor - which has a max amperage of 45A - will this battery be sufficient? (x2 in serial)

1 Like

Do your maths I’m not here for that. but be sure to take the 4C value not 10C

I have done the maths already. But it was more of a theoretical question. The thing is, limiting the VESC to say 30A to drive the motor which is 45A would still work, correct? (albeit with slower speeds)

I did some research on the whole 4C topic and it seems like there’s not sufficient grounds for it actually being 4C (as opposed to 10C). Could you point me to some good evidence? I want to be absolutely sure that it is actually 4C. Because if it turns out to be 10C, then it is a good purchase.

Same speed but less torque instead. I told you where i read it, if you don‘t believe, search for it.

Shouldn’t that depend on how false the burst is? It says 20c for 10 sec but let’s assume 8c (double of the 4) which would at max give 64 amp which is “alot” over the max of the motor. Shouldn’t they in that case work when accelerating, then keeping the speed does not drain many amps. Does it then really hurt the tourqe that much? Disclaimer: I’m pretty new at this but I don’t see a big problem with them, would love for someone to criticize my way of thought, thanks! :slight_smile:

A battery doesnt like to be maxed out all the time. You have to leave some headroom. Otherwise it will loose capacity fast and you have to buy a new one. Lipos are even more sensitive to that than liion cells. Leave them some room and they tread you well. Best to pick some high rated good quality lipos, like some 60c Graphene pack. If you don’t wanna spend this much get some cheaper zippys with 35c like mentioned above.

1 Like