Dual FocBox fully enclosed CNC machined case

A single case with fins are now available at our store https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/FocBox

9 Likes

Dream/perfect build.

1 Like

Do I need to de-solder all the connections to fit it into the rubber grommets?

beautiful, like a work of art.

1 Like

As we still haven’t received new FocBox’es from Enertion I can’t tell you :smiley:

Plus it is rubber, you can expand it ant push it over :wink:

@stimm for the phase wires some shoved through the grommet. But a few needed to have the heat shrink removed. I didn’t have to de-solder any. Just used some :muscle:. I didn’t bother with the XT60 at the moment as I’m not building just yet. But definitely need to de-solder that that grommet won’t stretch that much!

2 Likes

I might just cut one side of the grommet to slide them over. I guess I could seal it with some rubber weld stuff, but the tightness of the case will probably hold it all together.

1 Like

Everything fits in the case. I soldered no wires from the connectors. The grommet fits around the xt60 as well. All grommets fit.

Bt module and RX outside of course. I disconnected the pins to the connectors, ran those through the grommets then reconnected the pins. Motor sensor wires kind of loop to the side then out of the box.

Oh yeah for sure there’s no worries there at all - fits beautifully. I was talking about the servo connection for the reciever - all the connectors I have sit too high - have you used some sort of right angled one?

Servo is already soledered into PCB of focbox so shouldn’t be an issue ?

Huh? I’m talking about the 3 pin cable which connects the remote receiver to the FOCBOX…

Yeah I know ! It’s very low profile shouldn’t cause problem with the case. Mine is still shipping for now so can’t try yet

1 Like

Oh nice - I hadn’t realised people were shipping with that connection made. That’s gonna save a lot of fiddly soldering. Hopefully it’s not actually glued to the casing - taking the case off would be a bit of a pain.

No worries about that it’s easy as fuck do remove without damaging the cable

Yeah. It comes out of the focbox original case no problem.

Love the craftmanship!!! Will need some soon for my build.

This is so neat ! I am so stoke, it will play a huge role in increasing lifespan of the FOCBOX

@Kug3lis i have a question i wan’t to mount it half inside and half outside my enclosure kind of like this

Do you think water and dust can go under the screws lid and get to the focbox ? Because the real utility for me is to put the fins side outside si it will really cool down because i have Carvon V4 so i heat very quickly

1 Like

@Kug3lis So these are water proofed, and have better heat dissipation right? Sry but I don’t have time to read the whole page for the moment

No, Yes, Okay

3 Likes