Dual FocBox fully enclosed CNC machined case

Didn’t realize you guys were out of Lithuania. My grandparents were from there.

3 Likes

Got today my box delivered, what a piece of art!

Looking forward to stick it to my Spud!

1 Like

3 stops to the post office later… So worth it!!! @Kug3lis. This is fucking beautiful. Can’t wait to start my newest build around it!!! Thanks again dude!

11 Likes

Nice work man! All i need now is some focfoc boxes :persevere:

7 Likes

Wonder how much you could route out the deck on one of these babies, I guess the deck, position, orientation and whether you reinforce has bearing on the answer

I wanna see a sunken focboxbox

If anyone still wants to buy the link to FocBox Cases are here. As I get a lot of messages asking where to buy :wink:

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/FocBox

2 Likes

How about those singles?

1 Like

They will be made then next batch is made :wink:

1 Like

Gray foam rectangle pieces. It’s padding or thermal conductor?

Thermal pads.

Interesting. I’ll see how it goes!, Soon as I figure out what the hell went wrong yesterday to my FocBox or Hall sensor on one motor.

Personally I just used the ones from the FocBoxes because they were thicker

Just testing how it will look like… :blush:

5 Likes

What’s the dimensions for the double please ?

All this info is located in the first post of this very thread. :wink:

Just click the link that’s provided. https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/focbox/products/dual-focbox-case-with-cooling-fins-v2

1 Like

Headed to monster hill climb to test the case…

5 Likes

First run with FocBox cases on the aluminum plate. Things to consider it was at least ten degrees F cooler outside. I didn’t reach near as high of speed or pull as many amps

Today was warm. 84f. I was able to hit top speed for my gearing. 35mph and not slowing down up the hill just holding 35mph steady. Motors had super loud whine going full out up the hill though…

Motors only warm to touch. Not close to hot.

Ugh. 35 looks so slow on camera…

This is the starting screenshot for voltage and temps. I had just finished riding a slow half mile on level ground prior to this picture.

2 Likes

Well. Next step is to find a longer uphill to punish this board. Already you can tell the temps are being dissipated faster and are generally lower. I checked some of my data from cruising around and the temps are averaging a few degrees cooler in general which is great. I think some data from some mountain board users will be helpful. I think the design is excellent and works as expected. I intend to mount the case using Kydex with just the fins exposed. However there is so much aluminum I think this would be fine fully enclosed as well. Great work @Kug3lis

My CNC dual case arrived today - wow! It’s even more beautiful than the pictures suggest!

So for those that are curious the case fits perfect (tight fit on the sides with enough room for bt module, receiver in the 206 ultrabox:

…but you’re probably gonna wanna throw that shitty thing in the bin when you realise how sick it looks directly on the board!!! :heart_eyes:

I actually plan just to Velcro it to the deck, get a very small box for my receiver, bt modules and loop key, and create a fastening for my phase wires. It doesn’t matter to me if it’s not totally waterproof - dust and splash proof is perfect for my needs.

I’ll upload more pics when it’s on the board.

…on second thoughts I may actually just shrink wrap my receiver etc and hide them in front of the case…no extra box needed!

…you will need to solder all pin connections to fit it in - but I guess that’s a given and we should have it all soldered anyway.

10 Likes

Just ordered a dual ! My focboxes are getting really warm with the carvon drive so it was much needed. I’m still trying to figure how i can implement it on my build xD I will try to mod an enclosure so i can leave everything inside except the fins of the focbox box