Dual FocBox fully enclosed CNC machined case

Apparently shipping to Hawaii takes longer… Stinking islands.

Sorry if it has been asked before. But do the enclosure have space for receiver and BT module ?

No. there are cable cutouts though. Why on earth would you want to put wireless communication modules inside metal enclosure?

1 Like

You are right. Didn’t think about that

So… Just to get some ideas from all you guys that purchased the dual (finned) version of this. How are you guys going to mount this? Inside your enclosures or outside of them? I seriously can’t wait to get it so I can start planning!!! But I think it’s just too beautiful to leave inside anything! :slight_smile:

I hate that you live so far away @Kug3lis! I want it now! lol. Thanks again dude!

This begs for the Lithuanian combo with @agniusm’s NESE system ala @banjaxxed’s build

Need to stash the rest of the electronics somewhere though. receiver, bluetooth, switch+bms

2 Likes

@deucesdown just a thought, if you don’t mind experimenting, you can stitch modules together to form a group and print 2, 3, 4 modules as a group, depending what your printer allows:

2 Likes

Okay I’m gonna reply in your thread lol.

If I had version with find (I have without), I would probably wish for something like this:

You could mount it on the enclosure and the case would be nicely cooled with outside air :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Damn. This gives me a really good idea. I can see me ruining my carbon fiber enclosure making a cutout so that the fins are outside of the case and the rest sits nicely inside. Awesome idea. Thanks dude!!!

I just checked, bottom side is totally clean, no mounting holes. So I guess velcro/dual-lock, or make some holes.

The vesc enclosures do have ears with screw holes. Maybe future version?

Drill 4 holes in the bottom, counter-sink them to sit flush, screw it to the deck

1 Like

Hang on should be holes right?

Oh hopefully not. :scream: It’s better to drill holes if I need them, than to try to waterproof holes I don’t need

1 Like

Hi, is there enough place to put the GT2B receiver inside your CNC machined case? I plan to put the case on a mountainboard.

You cant do that with a wireless reciever. The metal will block the signal coming from the transmitter

3 Likes

4 Likes

@deucesdown @b264 there are pilot holes (almost fully drilled) if you need to mount it. You can see in pictures on product pages. Sorry atm I don’t have Internet at home some responding through the phone :wink:

3 Likes

4 Likes

You’re right but you can just put the receiver inside the case and let the antenna go out of it through a little hole.

The website 3S SERVISAS states this feature “3 x General purpose holes for wires (RF receiver, Bluetooth modules and etc.)”, but I would like to know if this means there is a place for the receiver aside the two FOCBOXes.

1 Like