Dual drive R spec uber + kit... Now what? Help Please!

Yeah I was planning ground shipping the battery and flying with everything else. Is there a ground option that you prefer?

FedEx gives the fewest fucks about what’s in a box. Or so it seems. I have been reliably shipping high watt hour packs through them as well as complete builds with zero issues so far.

2 Likes

Anyone ever try to put a DIYES 10s4P battery inside of an Enertion space cell enclosure? I’m thinking some mix and match might be the fastest way to get my parts. That is, if the space cell enclosure is in stock in the US warehouse.

the additional 10 cells isn’t going to leave you any room for anything more than maybe 1 vesc and the receiver, and the VESC will have to be sideways, and the lid may not close. I can’t be 100% sure it won’t work, but I am positive its going to be cramped in there.

Either of the stiff decks should work well. I would avoid the mild flex deck - especially if you are trying to go with something like a space cell. Those will not flex well and either break/damage the battery or enclosure, or just be a PITA.

I like bustin too, but that restless octo is badass too. (under an enclosure, but still).

With any of those - you don’t have a ton of room for bigger wheels, so you might do better with some 80mm kegels vs the flywheel 83’s. Or you can use taller risers, but that’s my last resort and I prefer not to.

I’d chat with @psychotiller about an enclosure that will fit everything you have. Be aware on one of those i saw a minimum WB of around 22" so it might be tight. Just keep an eye and confirm w/ any enclosure it’ll fit. both Front-Back as well as sides (most boards taper and might stick out on the corners).

HTH - GL!

1 Like

Find out if Fed Ex charges a HAZMAT fee when transporting batteries via ground?

1 Like