Dropped Glorrrrrrryyyyyyyy

Could be :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah ! Big upgrade for 2018 with this beaty motor and belt !! Enjoy your amasing ride :wink:

1 Like

Just realized I never posted stats. Here’s some…

This wasn’t a long ride, just me and my kid going to the comic book store. Also it’s cold as crap (31f), for me anyways :blush:.

2 Likes

Put the skis on, they don’t work for crap. But it was fun anyways. I added zip ties to the back wheels, still no joy. Maybe when it ices up tonight it’ll work.

I pulled a TB 218 from another build and added the skis to it, installed it in ‘Glory’.

14 Likes

@mmaner this concept has promise!

1 Like

I’m hoping so, the 6in airless wheels are sliding around in the hubs because I’d the cold. I’m hoping for less grab in the front when it ices over.

1 Like

A short video of the board in the snow.

7 Likes

Hhehehe so cool! :smiley:

1 Like

Sweet, great job!

1 Like

Doing some upgrades…

I got a new set of 6 shooters from @psychotiller, they are going on today. I can’t say enough about these wheels. I’ve run MBS Rock Stars, MBS 7 in knobbies, Skikes, Evolve and I’ve ridden Trampas and nothing compares. These are lighter and have more contact grip than anything else out there.

I got an enclosure from @bigben made specifically for the LY Evo deck, Looks great and the dry fit is perfect. I’m going to remove it this weekend and do some paint work to finish it up, then remount and call this board done

…again…

until something else comes along that I wanna try :slight_smile:.

pics coming soon.

5 Likes

Go have a look at lazyrollers om Instagram ice duds on ice rink/lake

2 Likes

I forgot to get a screenshot, but on a 7 mile ride today with too speed of 21mph and average speed of 14mph my average WH usage was 23.4wh per mile, down from 31wh per mile.

HOLY S$#T, I didn’t expect such a decrease. All I changed was airless wheels on 6 shooters to @psychotiller 6 shooters with stock numies. That’s a 20’ish percent increase in drive time.

@cwazy1, thought you might be interested in this too.

7 Likes

Thats what I’ve been sayin!!!

6 Likes

You was right brudda :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah I’m avging 20-22wh/m on SixShooters with stock tires

Play with tire pressure you can get some more out of it

2 Likes

Oh wow, I thought the pneumatics would be better milage than the urethanes!

Did you check your tire pressure before you rode?

@cwazy1 They are giving more drive time, 20% more. Did say it wrong or did you read it wrong? :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL I totally read that wrong…

2 Likes

I figured I would post some about my bushing setup since its freaky strange and it was a topic of discussion yesterday, Both @Battosaii and @michichopf had some great insights.

Initially I almost junked the LY Evo when I first built it cause it road ugly, lots of wobble and kida squishy. After experimenting with different risers and bushings and loosening the trucks more than I’m generally comfortable with this is what I came up with.

Now it’s a frikking monster. It’s the only board I have that I’m semi-comfortable at 30+ mph.

* all bushings are RipTide

WFB Barrel 93a (Red) >> front, road side KranK Street Barrel 93a (Maroon) >> front, board side

WFB TALL Barrel 95.5 (Green) >> rear, road side KranK Street Chubby 96a (Grey) >> rear, board side

Carving deep on an Evo, where you are in the middle.of trucks, not on top of them, leaves a bit to be desired when returning from the lean. Harder bushings roadside make the return more ‘elastic’ for lack of a better word. To be clear, his isn’t science just my personal experience with this specific deck.

@michichopf suggested chubby hourglass board side rear, I will eventually give that a try and see if its any better.

4 Likes

i agree with you on the bushing set up for the deck, Its my favorite set up so far. Ill be waiting for your opinion on the hourglass bushings

1 Like