Dropped Glorrrrrrryyyyyyyy

The 6in airless thane wheels are really is 90% as comfortable as the numies that come on the 6 shooters. They don’t have as much bounce but that is more than made up for by the grip. TO be totally honest, the airless kinda suck in the grass, whereas the numies do pretty good. On the street, I absolutely love them. My kid has over 400 miles on his and it doesn’t show other than road grime.

I’m not sure how I can measure efficiency other than running flywheels then numies then airless for a few rides using the same path and same conditions while collecting data. Suggestions?

3 Likes

U have the right idea, lots of work I know :frowning:

Some watt hr/mile calculations even with out comparisons would still be intereating to look at though

Ill see what I can do. I probably wont be able to do the original numies for a while, had them in a bag I left while out of town. Still waiting for them get shipped back to me. Ill see if I can get my 97mm flywheels moved over this weekend and run a few miles then do the same on the 6in airless, bot on a full charge.

1 Like

Whats the ID on those wheels?? :thinking: :upside_down: :wink:

Dont know off the top of my head, but they fit the 6 shooters exactly.

I thought I remembered seeing it somewhere :slight_smile:. It’s 70mm…

Nico’s app would be ideal for tracking consumption, hopefully you can get your BT module working.

Too small… Almost the right size. Gotta keep looking I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

They are just thane, could prolly mill out the center to whatever size you want pretty easily…as long as size is less that 150mm :slight_smile:

Which app is that? I’m using the @Ackmaniac firmware and android app. I had another HM-10 module, I’m good to go on that front.

1 Like

Yep, that’s the one :ok_hand:

1 Like

If you can’t get the BT module to work, I’ll send you one next week when all my stuff arrives. Let me know.

What do the X thing-a-magigers do? (To lazy to read the whole thread).

I had another one, I get metrics now no worries. Thanks though.

The X braces are to keep the truck bolts from biting into the deck…plus they look cool as hell :grinning:

1 Like

I finally got my 25mm HTD5M 15T motor pulleys…they have the wrong boar and the shaft is almost an inch long & no grub screw threaded holes. TIme to go do some mill work.

Anyways, I have 340-5M-25 5M timing belts and a set of HTD VersaPulleys that I pulled the middle section from and installed in the existing pulleys to make 26mm wide 60T wheel pulleys. This should deliver some insane torque when its all done.

Ill post more when I get the pulleys modified and installed.

awesome! take some telemetry data while you’re out riding. I just installed a HM10 module into mine and am about to figure out how much power these wheels burn.

Will do, Ill get some before and after. I really burn my battery down quick though with all the drifting I’ve been doing in the dirt :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finishing tooling the pulleys, the are now 8mm bore and no shaft.

2 Likes

green locktite?

I’m trying to decide between that and tapping holes for grub screws and maybe using a wire saw to make keyway slots. I just haven’t decided yet :).

1 Like

I think I’m just gonna tap holes for 8-32 grub screws and be done. That way I can use blue loctite and the grub screws and it wont slip but I’ll still be able to remove the pulleys easily. I may go back and cut keyway slots but I doubt it will mater with the grub screws, especially since the motor shafts have flat facets on them.

2 Likes