Dream Builds. What cool sh*t do you wanna build?

Use this thread to discuss ideal (or dream) builds that you’d like to create one day. This could serve as a hub for those looking for inspiration with a build, or just a way to doccument your crazy ideas! So come one, come all, and share what you wanna try and throw together (eventually)!

2 Likes

Electric hydrofoil for sure, I know bunch of members on here want to build one. One day. One. fucking. Day.

12 Likes

Moonshine sidekick Eboosted enclosure 12s5p dual focboxes Surfrodz 200mm rkp with adjustable baseplates Gear drive dual 6369 180kv maytechs 120mm moe wheels

9 Likes

I cant get the idea of a HAYA with hummie hubs out of mind. oh god what a stealthy build that would be for daily cruising

11 Likes

Think someones doing that exact build. Sure I’ve seen it somewhere.
I’m kind of riding my dream build right now so not sure what else to dream about. I would like a light weight mountain board that could still flex but have the electronics integrated so no top mount without worrying about damaging on jumps. Someone make a light weight, flexible, integrated mb deck that still has flex. Well you did say dream didn’t you? :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah it’s that big jerk @banjaxxed. Making me jealous every damn day.

3 Likes

Animatronic girlfriend

15 Likes

Just spray your girl silver and get her to do the robot. Works for me

14 Likes

Better keep the the LaCroix, Hyper Beast and Hummie decks stashed away :rofl: Admittedly a jerk

4 Likes

Right now I’m converting my Carver into a 4WD with a second Kaly.NYC gear drive for the front.

Mostly just as a masturbatory engineering exercise, and for board options at Barrett Junction. I have the feeling it’ll be too heavy to be viable in the long run.

4 Likes

When Boosted will stop wanting to make a 100% profit on every board, make the ESC open source, upgrade the motors, push the wheel molds to 90mm, and fabricate a XXXXXXR pack (30Q 12s4p)

1 Like

Why would you want that?

2 Likes

I really don’t care what Boosted does, but it would be cool to see them put something out on the market that is more geared towards experienced riders. I still wouldn’t buy it, but its better than the underwheling boards they have on the market right now :man_shrugging:

each to their own though

4 Likes

Look at anything @psychotiller or @longhairedboy makes, doesn’t cost much more either.

5 Likes

Dream build would be in the future but a real back to the future hover board

3 Likes

A 4wd longboard with treds like this

11 Likes

I know people will disagree with this, this is just my opinion

I have checked out both of their sites (@psychotiller and @longhairedboy , both are great. I’m currently on my sixth build, a boosted clone :joy:

Not many people know about the esk8 community, but most in the bay area are aware of Boosted Boards. When I talk to them and from what I have heard, it seems that Boosted represents the esk8 community, and that makes me sad that a 7 mile range 20 mph topspeed board is the “best money can buy”. If you go on youtube, many thumbnails are often “Better than a Boosted Board”, or something along those lines. I just feel that if Boosted came out with a much upgraded board, people would be much more encouraged to start riding esk8s, and also see the esk8 communtiy in a different light.

In a counter point to what I just said though, upgraded consumer boards could possibly make people more aware of the laws against electric bikes and skateboards, and that would be bad lol

3 Likes

Much like evolve then. Its just about dollars with those guys and if its not broke then don’t fix it. The only way they will ever upgrade or make a more capable board is if people stop buying them and thats highly unlikely

2 Likes

I want a board that has torque enough to rip the soles off my shoes, top speed 100mph, 1 million miles range, 40 inch deck, evolve supercarves, 7 inch tires durable enough that it can survive being thrown off a 20 story building, weight under 15 lbs. and must have rave lights and build in sound systems

12 Likes

I see the difference. I upgraded the hell out of my Evolve GT, but I’m not sure my new board is a viable “consumer” product. It will throw you off the back at 20 MPH if you are not careful with the throttle. Maybe Evolve and Boosted are useful for the entry level.

Jury’s out though, either one of those companies could come out with a hot board. Boosted just raised 60 million dollars. My big complaint with Evolve was lack of standardization for upgrades. So I burned it down.

2 Likes