Drang Boards deck building services, design, cnc etc

Here Here Brad. I am stoked to say the least, and have kept my stoke through these 8 years. It is certain things are changing rapidly until things get homogenized in a good way to all function the way they should. Innovations though are totally important.

Regarding the license, I have the license still as long as we don’t determine non use as under use. Not sure if Rich Laid out the under use clause or not, but If people want nelson boards the dialog there will continue. Manufacturing with Drang might be not be exclusive in the contract, so other shops might wanna get in on that party too. That being said I truly believe Drang to have the quickest and most economical way to get the molds and CNC fixtures built until that’s not available anymore.

3 Likes

I am also interested in this deck you are working on. What dimensions do you have on the cutout for battery/esc/receiver? And what is the maximum wheelbase?

Amen to that. Do you have anything I can test or Do you have a price range for say a loaded Ku-thaka with integrated enclosure for a 10s3p and 2 foc boxes?

The cnc routed section will roughly be 20 inch x 6inch. It will be big enough for a 10s4p, two FOC box, receiver, and Bluetooth module. I’m actually thinking about doing a 20700 12s3p pack for my next build, should give me about 22ish mile range.

When I built the deck above, I did not include a voltmeter lcd because it isn’t necessary with the Bluetooth module.

Not certain on max wheelbase, probably 27 inch or so before you start eating into the kicktail. Jared @drangboards would know better than me.

That’s perfect :slight_smile: I will email Jared to get in on this.

Crossing fingers this gets revived and appropriated for esk8. That reality is luckily closer than most think.

I dig it. Just want more kicktail…or more kick to the tail really.

1 Like

Kicktail is 6.2”. It’s pretty adequate even for a weighted esk8.

1 Like

Not the size. The angle. More kick

4 Likes

I am interested. I have posted all my wishes for the perfect deck many times around these forums as I have been testing many over the last year. I am in contact with Muirskate about a new Earthwing which may fit my wishes but this looks promising as well. If you need any honest testers lemme know, once the smoke clears up here I will be back out smashing miles…I’m on a Bonzing right now and I wish it was slightly wider but it matches the recipe I see happening up in this thread. This world needs more kicktail, make it happen!
45167954_10155927897063697_8533310761076785152_n

5 Likes

Are those 97 or 107mm abec 11s? @squishy654

1 Like

Ahh I suppose. The kicktail is pretty wedged as is. You can’t tell from the pictures, but the kicktail is VERY raised in relativity to the deck’s sunken foot platform.

I suppose it’s a “you got to try it” kind of thing.

2 Likes

Good. I like aggressive kicktails

4 Likes

Those are actually 90mm Reflys, my favorite wheel for tons of torque and I can still easily cross railroad crossings still. I have the 97mm reflys and a few pairs of 107’s and I keep coming back to the 90mm for some reason…

Roads are crap in my town. Lots of gravel, pot holes and just generally bumpy asphalt. I had 90mm abecs at first, but my feet thanked me when i got 97 and 107. I might toss 90s back on a board during the summer when the roads are a little bit clearer.

I use Avenue suspension trucks to solve that problem, and if you are using the classic thane, stop and get some reflys…

1 Like

I’ve got the reflys in 90 97 and 107mm… great wheels. Im on SR trucks. A Avenue baseplate on the tkp sr trucks would be cool m

12 Likes

What affect does the concave have on electric boards? It’s just not as needed because hard carving isn’t really done on them?

1 Like

It makes skateboard decks really uncomfortable and that hurts over longer distances. Concave is useful for the feel of the deck and for turning, anything but a flat deck in the middle hurts badly over any amount of time, forget about W, bacon and lumpy type of concaves used in downhill, they just hurt and do nothing in eskates, but a nice sharp rail and edge all along the deck helps with feel and turns for sure…I prefer a wider deck, like 10 or 11 inches wide, so the concaves can be very mellow, remain comfortable and still be effective…

4 Likes