Does anyone else like building garbage boards

20180313_110007%20(copy) 20180314_180938_HDR%20(copy)

13 Likes

Yes totally what I’m what I’m talking about. Thanks for responding. Love it. I want to do a plank and ply wood battery holder type of deal.

1 Like

What am I looking at here? Do you still have the lance mountain?

Ha ha. Yeah, of course I still have the Lance Mountain too :wink: That one doesn’t fit in this thread, though

That’s an old Target skateboard that was like <$20 and originally had plastic trucks. Yes, plastic trucks.

The top photo is that board at work in my office, and the bottom photo is that board after I completed it. (If you call that complete) It’s not even waterproof in the slightest amount.

It’s a 10S lipo with BMS

2 Likes

Looks like fun. Sketchy fun. Ha I have an aluminum popsicle stick board I might do something like this for my boys once they’re a bit older.

1 Like

Do it. It’ll be great.

2 Likes

Upgraded to a dual flipsky and Added a headlight to my “garbage”” build. Now it tops out over 30 mph and has the option to cruise at night. Thank goodness for Gorilla tape!!!. image

2 Likes

That headlight is a killer. Nice looking deck. 30mph wow. How big is ya battery?

10s5p. Some 97mm koowheel hub motors. The headlight is actually a frys portable floodlight that has a rechargeable li-ion battery. Took it apart and hot glued all the connectors and stuffed it with foam, epoxyed yoga foam pads between several parts of the foodlight and clamped it all together with gorrilla tape… epoxyed it to some L hinges and got those going through the hardware. I also knew there would be space between the board and light so i made sure to add a lot of yoga mats to act as a brace and double as shock absorption before i ductaped and screwed it on. It works amazing. Road rough terrain just to make sure i didnt have that pesky flickering from vibrations. I dampened the hell outta that lol. Got the same brackets for the rear reflector to make sure the board is mostly legal (going over 20 mph makes it technically illegal)

1 Like

Well done. That rocks. That spongy foam is good idea for dampening. I go through heaps of gorrila tape. I got the tip to put strips of tape on your helmet and tear it off when required.

1 Like