Do you like the ownboard W2 Belt motor kit?

but who would run 50xx motors…

I think it’s good that consumers are getting choice over all the hub drive boards that have come to market. If you listen to Daniel’s feedback and others here they will tell you what they want its just a matter if you can deliver. I don’t know nuthin’ about belt drives so if people are saying “use 5M belts over 3M belts” I would take a close look at what they are saying.

1 Like

When does that end? I thought it already ended

Thank Daniel’s suggest and other skateboarder’s feedback, W2 shipped version will use removable pulley. %E5%BE%AE%E4%BF%A1%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87_20190225143610 %E5%BE%AE%E4%BF%A1%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87_20190225143604 %E5%BE%AE%E4%BF%A1%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87_20190225143558 %E5%BE%AE%E4%BF%A1%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87_20190225143550

1 Like

Don’t use 3M profile. 5M is way better and last longer

Hmmm guys we might be able to use Jlabs pulleys with these from what I’m seeing.

If so the only true thing holding back this drive is the motor pulley and whether or not it is 3mm or 3mmish

3M is low noise, low resistance

1 Like

And low profile. I doubt anybody will hear a difference in noise between 3M and 5M

1 Like

Prone to slippage when paired with some power. Still think its good if it is indeed sourced from the boosted.

Can you say what is different, they look identical to diyevoard ones I keep on snapping

Isn’t that the same drive DIYeboard sells and Vestar? Great design, you can’t even adjust the belt tension :grimacing: image

different the w2 kit is the same design as the boosted

5m would be a lot better

2 Likes

Wan we get the Ownboard W2 Dual belt drive + ESC anywhere ? I want one kit !!

Adjusting the belt tension was slightly difficult to adjust but once installed never had to readjust. image The 3m belt has no slippage for me probably because I’m 130lbs but they are also 15mm belts. Way better than the diyeboard kit or the flipsky kit. With the same Vesc settings I felt that their 5045 motor felt more powerful than the 5065 motor that came from the flipsky belt kit. Flipsky uses 12mm 5m belts while ownboard uses 15mm 3m belts. The quality is good. Their pulleys are well made too albeit in the 3m variant. Also no belt slippage here. With the flipsky/diyeboard the belt slippage was quite apparent even for my light weight self.

15mm wide is great news. Probably makes a bigger difference then 3m vs 5m

We will upgrade the Kit in next month, You can waiting it. and with Kit we will add the Kegel pulley for DIY customers. Then you can have more choose for the wheels.

2 Likes

One customer use MBS wheel like this, you can check in https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ownboard/ 57226273_10217145793569532_8395045580451086336_n

1 Like

@Phoenix-liuqiu When the upgraded kit comes out will it have 5m belts? And how much will it cost?

1 Like

These look like they could be decent for small budget builds. The removable and interchangeable pulleys were a definite move in the right direction.

Any idea on Price/ETA? Link to purchase? Does this utilize automatic belt tensioning system like boosted(springs?)? Is it a kit with motors included or just rolling drivetrain?