Do It All Mount, Caliber, TB, 63xx, 50xx

Decided I will make a short version for foward mounting and a long reverse one that fits 66T pulleys.

1 Like

any idea when you would start selling them?

I am closing in on the final design now. Need to get quotes and estimated shipping dates from the supplier. After that some testing, so it will take a while.

Because of my current job situation, I have had the opportunity to use quite some time on this lately, testing different concepts ,small details and 3D printing tests, and also looking at making other components searching for a good combination of parts that this mount will fit well with later on. I guess itā€™s what a lot of us in here are doing, searching for a constantly better setup. I hope itā€™s going to be one of the best mounts availableā€¦damn this esk8 thing is addictive! Itā€™s like a sickness almost. Itā€™s a lot of fun :sweat_smile:

What do you think of colors? Keep it black anodized (boring or good?) or have it in a nice color scheme (probably a bit more costly)? Really like this green color, maybe mixed together with black or natural anodised for the different parts:

green

• Go with color, black is boring!
  • Go with black, itā€™s stealthy and fits most setups!

0 voters

1 Like

So this is the new design. One short version for forward mounting and one longer for rearward mounting. Both fixed angle. Clamp fits both Caliber II 50 and TB218. Clamp is split in two with M6 screws, no set screws needed. Currently only for 63mm motors. Custom idlers are optional. Color and finish will be sandblasted and anodised black 7075 aluminium.

sep%2016%202018__DSCF3016

sep%2016%202018__DSCF3051

sep%2016%202018__DSCF3038

sep%2016%202018__DSCF3032

sep%2016%202018__DSCF3034

sep%2016%202018__DSCF3052

sep%2016%202018__DSCF3061

5 Likes

do these come with the belt covers? it looks clean! Iā€™m interested

1 Like

Great looking mount. Hey in what angle you decide to make them fixed? Iā€™m making my own mount, so far i decided to use 18deg from straight to de deck. May i know yours? Thanks. (The inside mount)

1 Like

these mounts donā€™t have a fixed angle. as far as i can see.

1 Like

Yes, I will make them available with belt covers in different sizes :slightly_smiling_face:

This will depend on the length and shape of the mount, If I remember correctly I landed on 14 degrees for the inward version.

1 Like

These are fixed with four M5 bolts. They can also be made with slots If people want that instead. It will be the same clamp for all versions. I just wanted to make a mount that will not move for peace of mind. Then depending on your deck you would compensate with risers.

How long the max Center distance of this with 14deg. Iā€™m not sure how much clearance for the motor from the deck that is ideal, let say without riser.

75.5mm at max

1 Like

Here you see how they are fixed angle. They could easily be made with slots for adjustability like the last version, but the first batch will be of fixed forward version:

IMG_0712

IMG_0713

IMG_0719

1 Like

When do you think these will be available? And whatā€™s the estimated price?

4 weeks estimated until the fixed forward version is available. Including cross bars for Caliber II and custom aluminum idler. Ƙ8 Cross bars are possible to extend from original 119mm to desired length with ID4.3 OD8 stainless washers.

Estimated prices: Single mount 60 USD Complete idler in aluminum 12 USD 2x 119mm crossbars 10 USD Belt cover 10 USD Dual mount with idlers and crossbars around 150 USD Complete dual version including belt covers will be around 170 USD.

1 Like

Some renders of how it is going to look in all black:

75 68 59

5 Likes

Will the new clamps work with the previous version of your mounts? i have a pair, and my only issue is that the setscrews keep coming loose even with a bucket of loctite. So it would be cool to uppgrade to these setscrew free ones.

Beautifull work ! Looks gorgeous like that :star_struck: :+1:

Sorry to hear that. The new clamp have different placements for the holes, so it is not compatible with the old motor plate.

Edit: just an idea @jourm , what if you use red threadlocker for a more permanent fixation of the set screws. And then you use the main M6 bolt with blue locktight to tighten it the last bit, so it will be possible to remove later if needed?

Thanks! :smiley: I think so too!

1 Like