Diyeboard.com : China Factory Direct Retail - Electric Skateboard DIY Kits and Parts

For any belt drive board, the belt slipping is inevitable. Even for boosted, the evolve. The belt slipping has 3 possible reasons:

1. over loaded and climbing big inclines.
  2. too often hard brakes.
  3. the quick start on grass or hard road conditions. the above said three circumstances will easily wear the belt and get it slipping. aslo improper diy and belt alignment adjustment with the pulley or pulley change will make belt wear out quickly and break the motor pulley. we use 13t motor pulley and 35t drive wheel pulley for out 250-5m belt. any change one of them will make belt tension not good and easy to slip.

so solutions is avoid from above said wrong way of using the board and periodically check the belt tension and make it in good alignment. if one belt is too loose, need to change the belt. belt change is the simple way to make the tension resume perfect. another way is diy the belt tensioner which looks awesome.

it is available and we have been selling it for months, it is a nice motor with good quality and great performance. http://www.diyeboard.com/replaceable-pu-hub-motor-8352mm-450w-for-diy-eboard-p-626.html 15116380730

2 Likes

my problems came from me changing the wheels to 110mm rough stuff. I went thru loads of belts and eventually wore my motor pulleys - if anyone puts bigger than 83mm stock wheels you MUST swap out to the correct gearing

changing to bigger wheels like abec11 90mm size is ok, it won’t change the gearing and works better, i think you are using mbs wheels as mbs wheels eat power and torque and the wheels core not perfect fit in our pulley, we recommend customers stay with out kit as mass stock and mass production ensure the quality and gear ratio is perfect to our wheels and pulleys. we have 35t to 13t gear ratio, people change to 12t motor pulley will easy wear out the belts.

1 Like

Iv changed to 97mm wheels and haven’t changed any gearing and im still running my 1st set of belts after 6 months of riding, no slipping or problems.

2 Likes

200 km? thats quite mutch? i mean the belts costs almost nothing :stuck_out_tongue:

to anyone who has ordered parts from diyeboards, how long did the delivery take? i placed my order 10 days ago, live in northen europe. just to try and get an idea of the deliverytime :slight_smile:

I live in Belgium, if I remember correctly 4-5 business days to get it checked adn shipped, then 3 days and it was here.

Edit: Did you get the tracking number?

no the status says “shipped” but i havent recived a trackingnumber yet, also i got an email about my status change. Also under the status shipped there is no more info

write to jason. When my orderd changed to shipped I got the tracking number. Maybe they forget and yuor order is already almost there

1 Like

thx! will do that!

1 Like

I changed both belts this morning. 2*15 km commute, and belts starts slipping already…

I have ordered 245-5m HTD belts (5 mm shorter), and maybe these will be able to fit tighter (20 days delivery from China - wasn’t able to find 12mm belts anywhere else).

Otherwise tensioner will be next. Thx for feedback

Hi Jason, when is this ESC going to be released? still looking forward to see this product in belt-drive version since 3 months ago :slight_smile:

2 Likes

please report back how you get on

You can find it in ownboard.

I ordered on April 2nd and still waiting. If it arrives today it will be a total of 23 days.

My biggest fear is that something will be defective and I will need to wait another 23 days for the replacement.

I’ve had battery stuff take up to 30 days before, anything without a battery is really fast at least to UK around 3-5 days.

any news on the 30q battery pack options? its almost the end of april now and my og 10s5p is starting to show its age.

Where would you get hubs for your airless tires