Diyeboard.com : China Factory Direct Retail - Electric Skateboard DIY Kits and Parts

You shouldn´t have any problems with customs, just be prepared to pay about 19% VAT.

About your choice. It depends on how heavy you are and where you wanna drive in our nice country :wink: If you´re on flat streets and gravel paths and weigth up to 80kg you should be fine. If you ride some hills up and down or are over 90kg, you should search for something else.

Note this is a budget board and works fine if you buy it as complete, but prepare to want more quality/power in the near future and have to buy in an other (more expensive) sector.

I had serious overheating issues, I’m on 110mm wheels without changing the gearing but cutting out the ‘vents’ section in the enc. really helps also my wires look the same, I assumed it was my fault positioning them next to the esc (in the same section) since I spotted this I cut away part of the sections at the side and made sure they are as far from the esc as possible seems they cannot touch the esc. heat sink or they melt!

that said, now I have a large hole cut in the enc that a def. giving me some real airflow things are MUCH better, my board initially felt like battery was dying at ~38v now I can get it down to ~35 without the dying feeling :slight_smile:

image this is what I’ve cut out to get real airflow

BTW my hub kit with same esc/battery(10s5p) has no overheating problems at all!

1 Like

Thank you, I’m at 105 kg right now, so what do you recommend therefore (apparent from losing weight, working on that😊)

Thanks, being in the UK I’d like to not compromise the water resistance.

I’m trying to find some of these, maybe they help

Grinding sounds like belt slipping. I could be wrong.

The battery sag and performance will kill that board fast on our german trails and paths with your weight.

You have the option of going a regular longboard deck, like this diyeboard one, with big all terrain wheels (about double the price of this one, but still cheaper than buying twice). Something like a complete from @fottaz eskating.eu or @okp unikboards.com

Also if you need a custom battery, just PM me, I build you a suiting one :wink:

2 Likes

I’m the UK too have not had too much trouble , the location of the hole is far enough away from my ‘splash zones’ - really like the look of those vent things!

Ok I’ll have to bring home my multimeter from work and go over everything, just sucks because my build is already taking longer than I’d like lol.

Yes that’s bad, battery should never be below 30v

With kill you mean it won’t go very far? Or do you mean it will damage the board? It should hold someone my weight IMO, I’m overweight but not morbidly obese :smiley:

The board won´t get damaged, only the battery. It is only a 50A battery, that means it stays healthy at half of that or a bit more. So about 30A is fine. Problem here is the voltage sag. If you accelerate with your weight on a small hill, the Voltage sags really hard with this pack, which results in drifting cells - dead pack soon. This also means that you won´t reach the full range with the pack, because it triggers the undervoltage shutdown much quicker with the huge sag, so your board gets shut down earlier.

2 Likes

If you need a second opinion. He’s right. At 50a, this pack will not do if you want decent performance out of your board. You can expect 3v voltage sag on moderate hills when you use 25a per motor, meaning range and power is severely limited.

I switched to lipo. Much better.

2 Likes

Damn, well let’s hope Jason can get back to me about this

Must say im a bit suprised not to see any posts from Jason lately. He was very responsive before chinese holiday.

Thanks for the explanation…man that sucks. Is there any reasonable option within a 500€ price point?

probably:

You can get a cheap Streetboard for about 500€. For a decent Allterrain board, calculate about 1500€. A top notch board is more like 2000€

Holy sh*t, ok thats way over the budget I want to spend on commuting to work…rather stick to my bike. Thank you for the honest answers :slight_smile:

Edit: So a streetboard might do it, but which do you recommend? Would write you a PM, but didn’t find out yet how to do that here.

That’s always my issue. It’s hard finding a cheaper allterrain board for street use! :slight_smile:

You have to write a bit and will be logged free to write PMs. Klick on someones profile and then “Message”. The best Streetboard for a cheap budged is a selfmade one. Other than that, you´ll be ok with Diyeboard or Meepo or some other cheap things. But they are all pretty weak, won´t bring you up hills without sagging and have problems with people over 100 kg.