Diyeboard.com : China Factory Direct Retail - Electric Skateboard DIY Kits and Parts

The speculation is because jason posts a picture of the production line of the riptide !

1 Like

A middleman can post a picture of the same production line… this is what people don’t get.

I don’t care about what you make of their claims. However it’s annoying to see them accredit themselves as the manufacturers of these motors when I already have the name and phone number of the actual manufacturer in my WeChat and phonebook… same goes for the real ESC manufacturer.

1 Like

Concerning them not producing the product I am sure about it. One thing I do not understand it’s why the main supplier doesn’t sell directly to private customer too…probably is not cost/effective for him.

Maybe you can call them a manufacturer of those boards that they assembly? For me the line is clear. Let’s assume that we have Diyeboard and Enertion. Their ESCs, wheels, decks, trucks… they don’t make them directly. Don’t have refllow owens, they don’t cast urethane and don’t have wood shop for decks. The difference is that Enertion stuff is designed by Enertion and you can only buy it from Enertion. Things that we can buy from Diyeboard are available for everyone else (in right quantities) and not from Diyeboard.

Except, you can’t claim to ‘manufacture’ individual components. If they want to say they ‘manufacture’ the completes, then fine. It’s a farcry from reality, but fine. However it’s ludicrous for them to claim they “make a majority of their inventory” as someone else has parroted. Given a majority of their inventory is sourced individual components, that a pretty loaded claim.

1 Like

Hi guys! I have the 10s2p dual belt kit from Diyeboard and have a couple of questions,

1 - On the fastest speed mode when im under 50% battery the esc makes a bleeping noise when i accelerate (i presume its a low voltage alarm), Is their anyway to turn off the bleeping noise?

2 - Thinking of getting rid of the stock battery because of the battery sag and using some lipo’s, Would two 4s lipo’s wired in series = 8s work with the esc?

Yeh the voltage sag is probably very noticeable. That battery probably has 10A discharge current. Anyhow I do not think you can simple turn off the beep sound, since the ESC is not open source as a vesc is. Maybe you can interrupt the connection on the ESC but I would avoid it. About the battery on their website http://www.diyeboard.com/v11-dual-belt-motor-sine-wave-foc-esc-speed-controller-p-522.html they specify the different usable voltages and you need to slightly modify the ESC for it.

I plan to use evolve’s trucks and AT config with the N6354 motors, 10s5p/ESC v2 from diyeboards. My question is, will these motors fit evolve’s trucks and motor mounts, pulleys? my first build i think i’m ready. help!!!

If you look at the ESC you should see a small black cap with a hole in the top (make sure it’s not the capacitors, DUH), but if you’ve worked with electronics, you’ll know that this is the alarm. I have simply ripped these off of other Chinese ESCs and it’s been totally fine. obviously do this at your own risk, as you risk technically damaging other components when removing it and it will also mean that no beeps/warnings can be made by your esc, which might make things like pairing a new remote more difficult. If you hate the beeping as much as I do, it’s worth it.

1 Like

this is the video you didn’t use our 10s5p battery kit, you use the 10s2p battery you bought from other store.

Yep that’s certainly NOT the 5p battery kit like he claimed …

I have purchased a pneumatic board from diyeboard. First of all, I am generally happy for what I paid for, because I knew what to expect. However I should give some honest comments that might help set peoples expectations.

• The 10s5p pack is made of weak cells -probably samsung 22P if that. My daily commute is about 5 miles, which is also the usable range of the board. I weigh about 85kg and the terrain is flat -though I drive aggressively for at least half of that. I think it is a big mistake that they don’t provide better battery packs, I would gladly pay more for a 30q pack. If they claim these sort of ranges that I read above, this is also obviously bad marketing.

• I consider their pneumatic wheels surprisingly good, probably the best value for money than anything they sell.

• The tracks are… solid. They are clunky and I wouldn’t call their design well thought (especially some of the screws are a damn pain to access without a low-profile ratchet) but for their price they are ok.

• I am not happy with their dual esc kit. One of the two ESCs randomly stops feeding its motor when the battery voltage is less than ~39V. I was asked to provide a video of the problem, which I did, then was asked to provide a more detailed video, at which point I thought the problem was gone -but it reappeared the next day. I couldn’t be bothered to keep doing videos so I just ordered another of these ESC pairs, along with some other spare parts. The esc was missing from the package when I received it, although they say they have a video of them putting it in the package. The package arrived from the Netherlands so it might have been repackaged. They didn’t give me too much of a hard time and they shipped a new one a few days later (otherwise this post would be very very different).

• The motor->esc wire connector sleeves are dangerous as they can’t handle the temperatures. They became all black and started falling apart within 2 months or so.

• Their support has been responsive and polite to me.

Overall I don’t complain because there is no way I could get a basic pneumatic board for nearly as little money. Being able to experiment with something affordable has a value of its own especially for someone with little DIY skills, and as a newbie I did enjoy the riding experience, perhaps that’s why I’m lenient.

Looking at the current state of the Eboard market, I think they have their place because of their good prices, their support is far from the worst and I think we should cut them some slack.

1 Like

@Danny414 @diyeboard

Gentlemen, this forum is not a place for complaining or bashing customers/sellers. The moderators have expressed this on multiple occasions, and there are dedicated threads for rating sellers and voicing your opinions in a non-threatening manner. If there are other problems, you can deal with them via PM.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Im using this 5p pack on my 500w delivery ebike and get about 12-15mi before it starts to sag hard enough for me to swap a fresh one in…i know its not an apples to apples comparison but compared to my other similar sized batteries I use for my bike the range is on par for me…

1 Like

Your photos look like what happened to mine (in their response they said that they’ve never seen it happen).

https://imgur.com/MymZfVv https://imgur.com/XQLS6h9

At the very least the sleeves need replacing with more durable or the wires will soon short. But it also seems that the electronics of at least the top ESC cannot handle the temperatures, judging from the discolouration and the fact that it is malfunctioning. I think they have allowed too little space for cabling and that contributes to too much heat building up in that area which both destroys the low-quality sleeves and fries the ESC at the top.

I am also getting this grinding noise when breaking hard (I didn’t used to).

I’ve already ordered a second ESC from them but after seeing that its happening to others as well I’d rather not trust it and switch it to Focboxes, putting them in a separate enclosure with better cooling.

1 Like

They should use real rc grade bullet connectors, not these janky low quality low gauge ones, obviously getting hot enough to degrade the equally cheap sleeves around them.

hopefully someone can help me quick, i have the 10s5p battery pack from diyeboard and i was trying to setup my esc finally but it wasn’t turning on, figured it might be a dead battery, started charging it with the esc and everything turned on so i unplugged it and went to charge the battery. plug the battery in and the led on the charger turns red like it should, but then about a minute later the led turns green. i go to plug my esc into the battery to see if it turns on and nothing. i try to charge the battery again and the led stays green the whole time, if i unplug the charger for a little bit then try to charge the battery again, the whole process is repeated.

Buy a multimeter and check what battery says. It’s probably full and the fault is in some other part

Hello guys (and girls), so i read most of this thread, wouldn’t say I did understand everything (not savvy in electronics, I’m more the network/voip kinda guy) but I’m thinking about ordering from Jason. Anyone from germany here did have any problems with the import, regarding CE-marking with the customs?

I’d like to ride on the street and on gravel, so an all-terrain board would be great, right now I’m looking at the “36’’ Dual Motor 6’’ Wheels All-terrian Electric Skateboard 10S5P”, any concerns about my choice?

Thanks to all for the support, I know I might not be able to contribute much because of my lack of knowledge, but help would be greatly appreciated!