Diyeboard.com : China Factory Direct Retail - Electric Skateboard DIY Kits and Parts

Yes that’s right

Got the first video of my 10s5p build up. Working on editing the review video now. Then I hope to have a 1 month impressions later on after CNY (when people can order this kit again).

4 Likes

No, one esc controls both motors on the diyeboard kit. If you want to use vesc however you need 2, one for each motor

isnt it technically 2 escs but their stacked on top of each other thus making it one unit ?

1 Like

No its one esc, you can also get v1.1 that is for dual motors. 1 circuit board for 2 motors.

Reason they are stacked is cuz v1.1 (meepo style esc) cant be fitted in the 10s5p case.

1 Like

Here’s part 2. TL;DW It’s good, but stretches belts pretty fast, wish I could either get better belts or add an idler pulley.

3 Likes

Easy there or you’ll restart the belts stretch debate

5 Likes

Hey mate,watched your build video. Good work. What material is the motor bracket? Aluminium or steel? You note that belts stretch easy and an idler would be great, I was thinking of ordering the kit for my third build but I know how frustrating belts can get if they don’t tension well. Do you reckon there is space for an idler? Even if a small bracket for the idler was welded onto the motor bracket? Secondly I see the battery box is 60mm tall, and on your build it does look like you scraped once or twice while testing when you had it strapped on rather than bolted at the start. Have you had any issues with clearance since it was bolted?

Now after a month of riding i got the same issue as another user here, there is a HUGE Deley on my remote now and my board still gives it speed when i dont use the remote and sometimes just ramps up the speed when i drive.

Ive taken the entire board apart checked everything, and my guess is the cap on the esc is bad or something cuz its slightly bulging.

Anything you guys want to sort out with me? I have videos of it.

Can anyone (perhaps @diyeboard himself) “explain” the shipping to me?

I advised a colleague to get dual belt / 10s5p kit. He did and recently got two huge and heavy packages (DHL and UPS) here in EU in record time and there were no import charges or anything else. What kind of sorcery is that? I’m baffled and confused really. Are the import charges covered by DIYeboard? I mean I get a micro drone for $50 and DHL charges me almost as much for import… :slight_smile:

I’d describe it as cast aluminium. There looks to be space to just drill a hole and install a bearing stack as an idler. Seems possible. I’m in the process of moving so projects like this will have to wait.

I have the thick diyeboard spacer and 2 1/4in spacers all stacked together. It still scrapes a little if I go over small curbs or speed bumps. It scratches well and doesn’t crack so far. But I may buy an extra enclosure just to be safe.

This is honestly all cause I wanted the feel of a drop deck. Pick a flat deck and you won’t have to bother with all that.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. I have a drop deck, on another fast speed build and it’s worth it, it feels a lot more control and less concern about wobbles.

In regards to the belt. I took a screenshot from your video. And I reckon I could fit a idler pulley just by the drive cog. There appears to be a small amount of room I could drill a hole and work with. We will see…

In regards to top speed, do you believe you could get 32mph consistently or is this slightly downhill.

Next step for me, order the kit…

hey guys, just wanted to let you all know the dual motor esc is good for 50Kmh. I reached this speed with 12s, 208kv motors, 14:27 gearing and 97mm wheels. The only problem is since the esc isn’t designed for 12s the LVC doesn’t trip and the esc gets quite warm even with a heatsink. Apart from that everything is all good

2 Likes

how long before the issue starts? I have the dual belt 5p setup and my ESC has serious overheating issues, starting to wonder if these delays/remote weirdness might be overheated ESCs - would also explain why its hard to replicate the issue without actually riding the board.

Its instant, my ESC is pretty cold so not thermalissues on my part.

They basicly put a wrong price on it (Shipping fraud) or ship it as a gift to prevent customs.

Can anyone tell me if their kits are able to be used on a Trampa Mountain Board without needing to mod stuff? Like do the motor mounts fit on vertigo trampa trucks?

Yeah it’s pretty scary. It happens randomly and there is no real way to capture it on video. I am thinking about getting a better esc or a vesc to fix the problem. I still use my board but it is a death machine when it does this coming into an intersection

You use the belt kit? If you do a vesc wont work, to high KV you would need to downgrade to a 6s battery and that would be a huge downgrade in speed and everything sadly :confused:

1 Like

Nah, it’s not that. Customs here don’t care about the price on the package at all. It is just so weird that I keep thinking he will get hit by some charges afterwards (hope not) :slight_smile: