Diyeboard.com : China Factory Direct Retail - Electric Skateboard DIY Kits and Parts

I’m fine with lower top speed, I usually don’t go over 15-17 km/h anyways :wink:

1 Like

alternative I can think of is something along these lines.

@Idea sells dual motor mounts for the ATS 12 trucks. The axle is 12mm, might fit trampa wheels without changing the bearings (depends on axle length).

2 Likes

I’ve got caliber 10 inch trucks. I have read of guys mounting dual 6355 motors on them. I think it should work. When I get home today I’ll try. If they fit I’ll get wheels from @diyeboard , they have some axel diameter as regular skate wheels, so no need for any special bearings or spacers. I hope I’m right haha, correct me if I’m wrong.

Its possible, very common setup.

Edit: sorry didn’t read fully, don’t think at wheels on 10inch trucks

1 Like

You want the 6" airless? I have been wondering this for a while. I think th y are slightly wider than regular skateboard bearing spacing. I can try on wheel on my independent truck but I don’t have any caliber II. I have read about them not fitting standard trucks.

Yeah same here, slight modifications to the hanger need to be made to make them fit

Yeah, 6 inch airless. I just looked at my hanger and I think I can just squeeze 2 6355 motors :slight_smile:

Spacer wise I’m happy to get few different ones and play around.

@pat.speed what sort of modifications you have in mind?

@diyeboard Jason - whats the difference between this deck

http://www.diyeboard.com/36″-bamboo-and-maple-wood-deck-for-diy-electric-longboard-p-462.html

and

http://www.diyeboard.com/36″-bamboo-and-maple-wood-deck-for-diy-electric-longboard-p-462.html

I understand that Vanguard is more flexible. Do you have any video on the regular 36 inch bamboo deck ( first link)? there is almost no description at all. I would be happy with slightly stiffer deck than vanguard.

I have not taken the time to check the airless tires other than the stock @diyeboard 9" trucks but I know @Jreamer fit them on his @torqueboards 218mm trucks. I just found out that the inner holes fit Starbucks straws perfectly… So if you want a little firmer ride you can cut down Starbucks straws and even possibly shoot silicone into them and put them in the inner holes… Such a perfect fit…Like it was meant to be. Might also protect material from ripping for those that are zip tying them to @psychotiller six shooter hubs because of slippage. I love these tires though. No issues so far for me. I would like to upgrade to psychotiller hubs for quality but the tires are a joy to ride on.

1 Like

You just need to trim down some of the aluminium on the sides of the hanger because the axle isn’t long enough

1 Like

Thanks @Pusher I shall get a set once they resume shipping.

Acceleration test with the 10s2p belt kit, this is with the old gearing 12/36. The new gearing reaches 42km/h but since i have a flexy deck and enjoy acceleration more than topspeed i use the old gearing.

3 Likes

Can you tell me the max amp draw for the 10S5P battery?

They use 10A batteries. So 50A

1 Like

So the accelerator sticking started happening again. I think it is the left motor, because there is a high pitched noise coming from it and a small clicking noise.

Just a general inquiry guys. Does anybody have a photo of both the 10S2P and 10S5P batterys side by side next to each other? thanks (for size difference comparisons).

Thanks! If I’m running dual then I need to split that right?

Yep, 25A available per esc

Would it be a good idea to set the max limit slightly lower for safety? Like 20? I assume it will limit torque output but may be worth it for battery longevity

1 Like

so if my 10s5p board is dual and it came like that stock it should have two esc?