Diyeboard.com : China Factory Direct Retail - Electric Skateboard DIY Kits and Parts

Hi Telnoi,

I own the similar MTB from diyeboard, Taurus, which is supposed to have all grade A components, looks different on that truck. Mine doesn’t have the thick plastic washer on the bolt connecting the hanger and the baseplate. Just a metal washer. So obviously they were assembled by different people. I’ve seen the same looking MTB being sold elsewhere but they could be different from what diyeboard sells. Diyeboard is a wholesale supplier of many eboarding companies including the majority of Chinese domestic market and also many major well known eboarding companies. They know very well the difference between different grades of components that can sell very cheap in Chinese market and the quality demanded by the major companies. They call that the export quality or grade A components. What diyeboard has on their website for retail are all export quality components. Similar products you can buy from all other sources cannot be guaranteed to have the grade A components. I’m told there are retailers in China that buy the Chinese domestic components in wholesale and resell on export market through ali** vendors, ebay etc. So it’s hard to say why the problem like yours exist but diyeboard is not responsible for products other retailers put out. You should contact the retailer you purchased the board from make complaint. What diyeboard sells are good quality components as far as I can tell after owning two complete boards from them.

I also was considering dampening the springs on my MTB so I bougha set of dampa from trampa and they fit but the bolts holding the spring seat are protruding from the dampa seat so I’ll have to drill holes on the one end of the dampas to makethem seat fully. That might change the damping characteristic, i dont know. But certainly it’s possible to fit eggs and dampas into the springs on my Taurus. What i thought was they made the board too stiff for me so I might not even use them until I find something much softer. I have no problem going 25 mph on my Taurus but I’d rather cruise around 20 so I figure I can live with just the springs. Btw, I was somewhat underwhelmed in the off road capability of my MTB, which can’t go through thick lawn or climb grass hills very well, but I found on flat grass and flat dirt it was decent. So definitively this is not a hardcore MTB. But my main use is on the road so I have no problem. On road it performs awesome with great torque and speed with pneumatic comfort.

I hope my anecdote gives you some perspective.

1 Like

Yes, it does and I am aware of the export grade story. All I am asking here is proof in the form of photographs, before I potentially throw away money on another pair of trucks with similar design flaws. I am not even stating they are identical. Just want to see the differences.

The springs on the rear are held in place with thicker screws and a nut instead of just a screw in my case, so even less space for a damper. Also certain that the springs on your and my truck are shorter with less travel compared to mbs and trampa, thus that is another reason for the stiffness you experience with dampers in place.

That said, even with grade B components the board is OK if you stick to flat roads and I can hit 38 km/h there. Mine is already upgraded with dual Vesc and sk3 motors (149kv for hill climbing). The trucks become dangerous on concave offroad paths where it tracks horribly and develops speed wobbles.

I could imagine that wobble. I sometimes feel the slight sign of wobble when going near top speed too. Diyebard doesn’t seem know much about dampening and probably didn’t expect this problem. Another sign it’s not a hardcore MTB. My rear truck also has those thick bolt and nut holding the motor mount. You should be able to find shorter hardware without much difficulty in hardware stores. Have you tried that?

1 Like

Yes, First wanted to use the same bolt as used in the front, but they drilled out the hole in the bushing for the rear springs, thus I would still have to go with a lower profile nut.

The real issue though is that the springs are shorter. I had dampers installed in the front only and it had an incredibly positive impact on handling, but as you found out yourself the turning radius is significantly decreased and you will need allot of force to turn the board in a direction. The dampers, due to the short spring length, are already considerably compressed when the truck is straight.

Last resort will be printing custom ninjaflex dampers for these trucks. I will replace the board completely sometime next year before spring.

maybe you are right, I should try to help you anyway, I will try to get some drawings and specs from our technician and take some photos for your reference incase you needed. Wishing you all a Happy Halloween.

from the very beginning I should be more helpful, my bad, just too many orders to handle everyday and really have limited time and resources to help a customer who bought from somewhere else rather than from us, and requesting for customer service and support. anyway, i should try to help you even you were not bought from us. I will try to get more specific photos and drawings from out technicians for your reference if they can share to you.

If they’re not your customer you’ve no obligation to help them except maybe to sell them better products than what they’ve bought, so don’t stress. But do take advice on board such as being open, honest and forthcoming with information about the products you sell, such as the discharge rate for your battery packs… :wink:

2 Likes

thank you you are right, advice taken. still will try to help this guy hope he can make his board right.

1 Like

Did not ask for support, just for replacements parts and some info on their trucks. I am in no way expecting any kind of warranty or free parts.

Anyway, let’s move on. Diyeboard will provide some photographs and specs, thus that will settle any remaining questions and uncertainties regarding their trucks and any improvements they may offer compared to the b grade components.

@diyeboard. Thanks.

1 Like

I think what will help a lot of people trying to decide whether to purchase from you based on the claims of superior grade compared to similar/identical looking items is comparative pictures showing the difference in your product versus others. Many are interested in what you’re offering but can’t rely simply on your word that it’s “better”, atleast not until many people purchase and review the items. That’s the way of the internet.

The old saying “A picture is worth a thousand words” could not be more true in this scenario

2 Likes

right, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Happy halloween everyone. November is coming, we are considering to make some promotion sales in certain items and kits, anyone wanna to buy from our site: www.diyeboard.com can message me or email me for special coupon discount. Regards, Jason Email: [email protected] www.diyeboard.com

1 Like

2 Likes

Message me or email me for Halloween coupon discount.

Regards, Jason Email: [email protected] www.diyeboard.com

holy… thats a lot of controllers…

1 Like

if any distributor want to customize the controllers or motors, please contact us for details. Customization minimum oder qty is 100pcs.

The folding longboard folding mechanism looks like it is from a linky board launched on kickstarter some time ago.