Diyeboard.com : China Factory Direct Retail - Electric Skateboard DIY Kits and Parts

I plan to buy this kit but I’m afraid of reliability issues. I do not want to have mechanical breakage and have an accident. what can you tell me with your experience?

Don’t buy. A few people lately have had trucks snap, with no response from the company

If you use it means of transportation? No If you like me once or twice a week 5-6 miles range cruising. The kit is fine budget wise. If have lots of cash there tons of options.

1 Like

They worked great for a while but after a few months belt skipping is unavoidable, changing belts doesn’t solve the problem and belt tension cannot be adapted .I can still use them but belts keep skipping when breaking hard.The big issue seem to be the quality of the trucks , some broke while riding. I never had any issue with the trucks (yet) and have very bad roads where i live. I agree with @808Chopz , they’re great for occasional use., i like the motors though , they provide enough torque and speed (50kmh with 97mm’s). I am selling my dual belt drive from diyeboard if you like. You’ll only need to change the trucks to be on the safe side. Asking 50 Euro for the 2 5055 motors, 2 wheel and motor pulleys and a few belts.

The mounts are hot glued to the trucks , you could us a hot air gun to melt the glue and move the mounts the motors and mounts to the rear . Some people on the forum already tried and succeeded , i’ll try to find the post.

1 Like

Thank you, I live in France. Tu parles Francais ? why are you selling them?

Know of a cheap 50xx motor mount worth replacing the mounts with?

Oui je parles Français :slight_smile: , i am selling those because i went with pneumatics and prefer bigger motors . Also the belt skipping issue while breaking is reeally annoying.I’ve bought the supercarve gt trucks and Evolve All terrain kit. with 7" tyres. My next build will be a mountainboard. I probably won’t go back to urethane wheels as the roads are very bad where i live.

It’s better to replace the mounts and the trucks (Caliber for instance) . For the mounts i would go with https://eskating.eu/product/electric-skateboard-motor-mount-alucarbonpro/ or https://www.unikboards.com/fr/boutique/smart-support-moteur-caliber-ii/ I have Unik Board motor mounts on my Supercarve GT trucks and they’re great , i can move the motors when my belts get to loose and adapt the belt tension . 20180814_205948!

2 Likes

If your willing to drill new holes for the grub screws you can flip them, i did it on mine.

Heatgun, 10 min of your time a drill and bang they are flipped.

1 Like

I’ve got a few sets of calibers. Thanks

@nuttyjeff how did you attach the idlers to the mount and what size belt did you use also how did the idlers hold up?

Lieferzeit ist wirklich beeindruckend von China bis zu mir nach Deutschland Nähe Köln zwei Wochen

Delivery time was one week for me, also Germany, although it won’t help with the quality of the product and service when something is not as it should be :wink:

1 Like

Ich habe das Dual Belt Kit gekauft gestern Abend da mitgefahren 10 % Berge funktioniert bis jetzt noch gut aber die Qualität ist nicht die beste ist mir auch schon aufgefallen habe aber auch massiven Probleme mit Land wheel und koowheel gehabt

Do you still have the land wheels? You should get two flipsky 4.12 and use only the hubs, they are really good.

Du meinst nur die Hubs verwenden weil stark sind sie (1100w)aber welche Battery ESC mit Sensor der auch zu den hub s passt?

Answered you in pm in german, no one here apart from the few Germans will understand you :wink:

How did you get these 6354 there?

Shit, I’ve just got hold of one of their kits. Now I am quite concerned after seeing some people had their trucks snaping while riding. This can and probably will kill someone.