Diyeboard.com : China Factory Direct Retail - Electric Skateboard DIY Kits and Parts

Pictures always helps people understand. Anyway, I somehow doubt the motor pulley is pressed on. It’s probably glued on, so if you are still thinking about replacing it, just heat it up with a blowtorch and it should come off, especially if you use a pulley puller. The rest of your story I believe is accurate :wink:

Did it work?

Is it still working good?

Yeah I only have space for 10s3p so when the battery will have less than 10 km range (currently the range is decent but the sag is outrageous with 25R but the battery is almost 3 years old) I will switch to VTC6 and have 9ah in this tiny forum factor it will be awesome I have to focus on my Gtx clone battery first tho

Sure the gtx first. I have 10s3p 30q battery pack for the spud and I run it down to 20% a couple of time and still was performing good. I would say 2-3 kmh less in top speed but for the rest was still pushing. I was around 24 km trip over 2 days.

Hey @diyeboard ,

What’s the difficulty for you guys to also offer battery packs with higher end cells like Samsung 30Q and Sanyo 20700b?

Another question, why don’t you offer more options for belt driven systems? Like 15mm wide belt systems, adjustable tension on the mounts, metal pulleys, 6374 motors? I think there is a gap in the market in terms of Chinese manufacturers for belt driven systems now that most manufacturers are going with hubs.

1 Like

Absolutly true. I understand the higher cost for the battery pack, but a more variety for belt drive systems would be awesome. Actually the top would be if you could find a source for a direct drive system like carvon. The later I am afraid will stay a dream for a while :persevere:

97mm please.

2 Likes

It doesn’t (yet) fit their business model of selling cheap kits with minimally required specs. Their drive trains are not that amp hungry compared to the typical setups you find here. Might change when they start offering vescs. Even then, the packs will most likely not use nickel strips and be of somewhat questionable quality like the current packs.

3 Likes

Yes no problems yet

How did you do it? My kit is set to arrive in the next few days and I would love to hear what parts and dimension you used aswell as you technique!

How about the belt heating up and wear and tear after doing the tensioner my belt heat up a lot in just a couple of seconds with no weight on it

1 Like

I have been riding with the same belt since I made the tensioner and have not had a problem yet

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply, I burn out my pulley and belt, I order new one and I going to get smaller bearings, I really love my board I just got to fix the belt slipping. https://youtu.be/uJh22Qmr6iQ

preach it brother, i followed this thread since the beginning and you can clearly see their objective. Maybe good for a casual light rider but anyone who likes his eboard will not be satisfied in the long run and feel cheated or stupid.

2 Likes

Did you feel any resistance? , I feel a lot more resistant and my board lost power it feel slower.

Maybe you made the belt to tight!

Success! I got smaller bearings 8mmx5mm and now seeing to be working fine. Thanks for your idea

Has anyone used the 2.1 dual belt drive esc for a mountainboard? I have 2 of dual 2.1 escs for two boards. They don’t seem to be delivering enough power to my board. I have the 6s version and honestly it’s pretty whimpy. I read on the website that the esc is 50a continous 120a peak. Can anyone comfirm if I may be doing something wrong?

I have the mountainboard with dual ESC 2.1. It has enough power to push 25-26mph on pneumatic. Probably your low voltage is culprit. Or the ESC is not set at 6s.