DIY Trigger Style Remote with Telemetry - Complete Guide

If i press full throttle it throws be backwards, much more torque, doing burnouts with no problem the difference is huge when going uphill i have a single 6374 and a 1.5hp hand held land mower engine kills it uphill with the same driver and thats 43cc now imagine driving a 200hp motorcycle :smiley: it must be super fun but i would kill myself within a week

2 Likes

No I did not… actually this is the first time I’ve used Github… not sure exactly how push (or pull) work…

just wow man. you are brilliant @ervinelin i tested it the way i tested yesterday and its working everytime now. i think you fixed another problem too. along with that problem i was having %50 brakes ocassionally when in reality i was givin %100 input. that happened alot during the bench testing and this was not related with quick flicking the throttle. i had this problem during my ride too but i just kinda overlooked it but its of course dangerous as when i realize brakes are not working properly i was letting go off throttle and applying the breaks for the second time and hoping they will work.(they usually work) that problem is gone. all i can see is butter smooth acceleration and brakes in vesc tool. btw this problem is present in original firefly remote too.

3 Likes

oh i forgot to add to whom who wanna use the new code make sure ‘‘const uint64_t pipe =’’ value is matching on both transmitter and receiver code. i downloaded the receiver ino and they just wouldnt connect then i realized values are different so make sure to correct that.

1 Like

Oh yes sorry I forgot about that on the GitHub…

In any case you are supposed to use your own pipe address just in case you meet someone who is using the same remote

Quick testing with one piece pcb looks like working for now. As soon as I complete it will report back

3 Likes

Woah u fit everything!! Awesome

1 Like

Would anyone want to trade one of these for a brand new nano x in box with everything including cable and a brick for the cable

Feels very good in hand everything works no gimmicks. I might change the antenna looks unreliable but still holds its signal as you can see I didn’t even notice when I was taking picture but there are 2 walls in between at the moment of the shot and it still shows the voltage of my battery. I added mcp130 to the board just in case of a power issue but I didn’t have the chip so instead I had to use 470ohm resistor in series with 10uf capacitor to make it work because even fast flick of on off button doesn’t work. You need to press reset button or the solution I did. Credits to arduino forums. Edit: and the receiver

2 Likes
2 Likes

That’s great! Anyone wanna trade?

You might have better luck on firefly remote thread as there are more remotes made of that version. Dunno how many of us are there with this version but I feel like there are very few of us :slight_smile:

I made one

SolidGeek has to approve it and inspect your changes…

Well just putting out here in case anyone wants to

Or if someone wants to send a kit to trade I would do that to. It doesn’t have to be assembled.

Could you explain the rationale behind your thinking? Why would someone want to trade for a nano-x?

1 Like

I don’t know if someone would want to. I just want to trade because looking at the parts list the price comes out to about the price of a nano x

Maybe you can ask if someone is willing to make one for you?

That works to. As long as I get the remote. Whether it’s a kit the remote or someone building one for me.

1 Like

Can I know what the resistor and cap are meant to do?

Also can you share your new PCB file for reference?