DIY Trigger Style Remote with Telemetry - Complete Guide

Definitely better than the ceramic ones… Ceramic ones only worked with my ghetto style copper tape shielding for some stupid reason…

1 Like

@ervinelin @Zyb deal guys. Thank you very much. Your contributions are great.

Maybe I missed something but only the STL files are available or also the original sketchs are shared? The reason why is because if someone want to change the remote frame at least can use the internal measures fixed and remodel only the outside of the remote. With STL file converted in BRep (fusion 360) you still don’t have the full capability of an original file. I just wanted to ask. Of course it’s not mandatory to share it :wink:

For now only the STL, I have shared other formats directly with those who have expressed interest in modifying it.

Fair enough. Thanks :grin:

Yeah I have to find the motivation :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is there a higher resolution version of the schematic? Like a PDF? It’s difficult to read the graphic at the top of this thread.

Thanks, Jay

I’m planning on building a deck with 3 layers of Baltic Birch and two layers of carbon fiber cloth in between them. Will this transmitter/receiver (or any, for that matter) work with a carbon fiber deck, since carbon fiber blocks radio waves? Will the radio waves transmit around the board?

Thanks, Jay

See PCB link in first post.

1 Like

Carbon fiber will affect it for sure, but if your enclosure is not CF it might be okay.

1 Like

SolidGeek said this fix is in the mainline code already

Yup I know

Btw anyone tried this on ackmantics vesc firmware instead of the default one? Wondering if I should swap but worried telemetry won’t work anymore…

2 Likes

You arduino controller guys are truley pioneers.

@Zyb have you posted your single-layer PCB files somewhere, or can I purchase them from you? I’d like to try to build this remote using your simplified PCB’s. EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found it in post #181: DIY Trigger Style Remote with Telemetry - Complete Guide - #181 by Zyb - ESK8 Electronics - Electric Skateboard Builders Forum | Learn How to Build your own E-board

@clistpdx yea that’s the one. Just make sure to order correct booster/charger module as the other ones won’t work with the pcb

1 Like

Also cases are 220 uf and 100uf D case, 10uf is B case and 100nf is 1206.

1 Like

how are people running dual vescs with this remote? can it pair with 2 receivers?

Can bus or split ppm.

your question doesnt apply only for this remote this is one of the fundamental information you have to acquire before running dual vescs. if you use canbus cable between vescs you connect your receiver to master vesc and its done. (of course you need to set up your slave one in vesc tool) or you can use split ppm

1 Like

yup i know that but some people dont do canbus or split ppm at all and just use 1 remote with 2 receivers, 1 receiver for each vesc. was wondering if u could do that with this one.

It might screw up speed calculation but im okay with that, could probably modify code to use a new formula.