DIY Trigger Style Remote with Telemetry - Complete Guide

Update: problem is solved with mcp130 i can confirm it works.

The one on the right has no problem whatsoever, I tried to make it fail to boot like 10 times but it works just fine. So I had to open up my old receiver and the moment I removed the cap/resistor from reset gnd pins it failed to boot 5 times in a row. Chip is so small but some pre paste on solder pads and touching with pre tinned soldering iron for a second does the job. This specific mcp130 is mcp130T-475I/TT it releases the reset around 4.625V

3 Likes

Have you figured out why the charging/boost module is getting hot? Looks like you could change a resistor going to the ME4056 IC to lower the charging current (like the original charging module).

http://www.cnzls.com/PDF/Li-ion%20Battery%20Charger/ME4056_E2.0.pdf http://budgetlightforum.com/node/57414

To be honest I can’t deplete the battery in a day so I’m just charging it overnight when I’m home from my computer or from 1A usb charger I have at hand. So I forgot about the problem :joy: but yea when I connect it to a 2A charger it gets really hot so I’m avoiding them but if I get a second module i might change the resistor like you suggested.

I really like how you compressed the TX stack down to one PCB! I’m going to order the TX and RX PCB’s soon. Before I do so I have to ask if you have planned any PCB design changes in the near future? Is there anything you would like to change?

It’s all thanks to that booster charger module otherwise it’s impossible at least beyond my skills. Well I didn’t have any problems or difficulties when I soldered everything. All of the caps are ok everything works just fine so yea I’m not thinking to change anything at all. Get the mcp130 just in case because you never know you may have a problem. Interesting thing was when I connected my vesc via laptop brick to program it, receiver module didn’t have any issues. The moment I switched to actual battery startup issue started to happen but on the other hand my new receiver doesn’t have any problems I’m not sure what’s causing this problem. It’s not random for sure because if you have a problem it is persistent on every boot. It doesn’t go away for couple of boots and then re appear. At least it is fixable. Signal is strong with the modules, make sure to get one of those suggested in previous posts.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I have a few spear nrf24 with the ceramic antenna from my Firefly build. They worked ok. I have also order the 1.11$ ones with pcb antenna as you recommend in a post above. I’m thinking about ordering the shielded version with external antenna as well. Is it worth the extra $$ performance wise?

(https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-4GHz-rf-Wireless-uhf-Module-Power-Amplifier-E01-ML01SP4-Original-SENET-1-8km-2-4g/32806320077.html?shortkey=eUB7RJZv&addresstype=600).

my experience with ceramic antennas are if they work then fine but i may have been unlucky and got hit by a bad batch on my second order and it was incredibly painful to see the signal dropping every second or so. i got 3 modules on that order and they were all the same. after quick googling i found various other forums related to arduino reporting the same thing and in conclusion they are unreliable to me i wont spend another dime on them. i cant tell for sure what would happen and the performance would be like if you have from those with internal antennas on both ends. i built my firefly with ceramic antenna and works ok with that internal antenna one on rx side but sometimes the connection is disconnecting for a second but quickly reconnects. you cant notice that while riding its for a brief moment but i dont like this and it never happens on trigger style one because i have ml01sp4 with antenna in it. definitely makes the signal stronger by a mile. if you ask me at least one of the ends should be with external antenna. but then again E01-ML01S on both ends may work better than ceramic / E01-ML01S combination i just dont have a way to test this bcuz i bought only one E01-ML01S to test it and it became my daily drive :slight_smile:

1 Like

“NRF24L01+PA+LNA” is no longer available on AliExpress. What should I get instead?

Thanks, Jay

“TP4056 1A Lipo Battery Charger Board” is no longer available on AliExpress. What should I get?

Thanks, Jay

“0.91 inch OLED module” is no longer available on AliExpress. What should I get?

Thanks, Jay

Just search the parts into google bro

“DC-DC Boost Power Supply” is no longer available on AliExpress. What should I get?

You might want to update your spreadsheet, as several items are no longer available at the links you provided. By the way, I sure appreciate the effort you’ve put into this.

Thanks, Jay

there must be other sellers in aliexpress selling those parts. they cant be out of stock. just search them in aliexpress and you will find everything.

As example SMD NRF24L01 1100 meter long-distance NRF24L01 PA LNA SMD wireless modules 1100meters in stock fast delivery http://s.aliexpress.com/EVV3ey2I?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard Youliterally have to copy paste the name. The are dozen of sellers. Then just order them based on number orders (top left options). Pick the you like.

Thanks, guys. Doing some Googling.

Jay

1 Like

That was my first time on AliExpress. Didn’t know there were different sellers. Now I get it. I just did a search on their site and looks like I found all the missing items.

Thanks, Jay

1 Like

You should know that delivery can take a very long time so make sure what you order is right

Yeah, I noticed the shipping times. 40-50 days in some cases. Yikes!

Thanks, Jay

Where can I get Ervine’s Custom PCB? Google is failing me.

You will either have to buy some off ervine

Or get them made by a website like pcbway