DIY enclosure locks (looking for ideas)

For those who have built their enclosure for their e-boards themselves how did you access the electronics? I just have a “lid” on top of the enclosure and planning on adding a door hinge on one side then I need some way of keeping the lid down. Does anyone have any great ideas on how to do this? all I can really think of is screwing it down then I can just unscrew it when needed but that means I will need a Philips head or flat head screwdriver. does anyone have any good ideas? anything is welcome.

hope i explained it well.

Thanks!

1 Like

i use velcro for my enclosure, so i can get it apart quick when things go bad. can i see a pick of your ride =)

1 Like

what strength velcro do you have. it must be reallly strong!, even with all the vibration?

1 Like

I will add a pic soon when the varnish dries.

1 Like

i tried using cotter pins, but it did not work

1 Like

I tried doing something like that it didnt work either

1 Like

i ended up just using tupperware

1 Like

you could use thumbscrews

edit: You could also do something like the enclosures on

1 Like

for one build i use it to secure my lid, as screws eventually strip out of mounting positions. in another build i use it to keep it all my electronics on my board no issues. its industrial grade. again i dont put weight on the enclosure i try to keep everything fixed to the board

velcro industrial

1 Like

Oh yeah, thumb screws never thought about them. if nothing else works I will definelty use them, thanks

1 Like

Neo magnets?

2 Likes

how would use them

1 Like

Epoxy them to your door, pull apart when needed.

1 Like

What do they use?

1 Like

How strong will they have to be

1 Like

strong enough to hold your lid. I’m not sure what you’re working with. Just the idea of magnets should spark some ideas.

1 Like

they have the holes in a way where you can slide and lift the enclosure to remove it, so you just use screws but have easy removal

Can always use thumbscrews, no tools needed

https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/4/0/40f678f2a259a4f601019b42c322b8386ac875ab.JPG I tried snap on hinges. Can’t say it’s the best thing ever but works pretty well. Watch this video. At the 23:33 he has the two bar bolted onto the board with the strap going underneath the bar and secure the batteries together. I think that’s a neath idea. Put less stress on the enclosure if he decided to put on one.

1 Like

Just an idea, but if there were something along the similar lines of a bicycle seat post clamp (without most of the circular clamp part), secured by something like a riv nut/nutsert, it might be a way to conveniently open and close bottom facing enclosures.

1 Like