DIY Electric Longboard First Ride! | 10S 5000mAh Lipo | Turnigy SK3 6364 - 245kV

Been meaning to share this for a while! Here’s a quick edit of my first build :blush:

Specs: Turnigy SK3 6364 245kV Motor - Single drive Enertion VESC-X (FOCBOX) Enertion Nano-X Remote Paris V2 180mm Trucks with custom welded aluminium mount Enertion Power Wheels - 83mm 16 to 36 tooth HTD5 pulleys with 15mm belt Turnigy Lipos (3S+2S) + (3S+2S) = 10S, 5000mAh Total Old deck I’ve had for 8 years now! (brand unknown 37") Hammond project boxes for the enclosure with XT90 antispark loop key.

Top Speed (this trip): 22.5mph (36km/h) Top Speed (all time): 27.1mph (43.6km/h) Range: 9.8 Miles (15.7km)

2 Likes

Awesome! Just a friendly reminder, you don’t wanna hit your head to the ground in 40km/h and get skinned to the bone in the face, so wear a helmet next time :wink:

1 Like

Well aware! Apart from this first ride I’ve always worn a helmet since. I’m finding speed wobbles at full speed terrifying as it is :wink:

1 Like

You should not be getting speed wobbles at those speeds. Are you running your trucks super loose? Might just need to tighten them. Are you running spacers between your wheel bearings with wheel locked down tight? if you still get wobbles after that, then you might need to upgrade your truck bushings and pivot cups.

2 Likes

Speed wobbles are at around 26/27mph. Trucks are as tight as I’d like them as I already seem to have quite a reduced turning radius. You may be onto something with the bushings though, one melted slightly during the welding of the motor mount! I’ll try and find a replacement and see if it improves things. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sounds like you definitely need new bushings and don’t forget pivot cups. They also make a difference. Riptide makes quality Pivot cups for various brands of trucks. Riptide Krank double barrel bushings are very high rebound and are responsive and stable.

1 Like