DIY Eboard Builds and Specs

nice ride bro i just googled my return trip and i need a range off 22km to get to and from wrk your build it tight and tidy may i have some other specs please

Thanks mate, im running a 280kv SK3 motor with 8000mAh 6S lipo HK 150A ESC and a 100A breaker for a power switch. max speed on flat is 32km/h max range with the 8000’s is 22km. I have just added another pack making the total 16000mAh so I’m guessing around 44km range.

standard kingpin 180mm trucks with 6mm aluminum flat plate motor bracket welded to truck. deck is a 9 ply cruiser with carbon fibre style vinyl wrap and the container is custom made from carbon fibre.

I think that pretty much covers all aspects of my build.

and then there’s this…

3 Likes

You use a circuit breaker? Like one for an electrical panel? That’s clever. Maybe I’ll try that when I start my build in the spring when I have available funds to do so.

yeah this is the one I use. you can see it in the picture.

its a little bit big, but it does the job and its very affordable. all of my other builds I have just had a deans connector to the battery that I simply unplug. like this:

also on that latest build I wanted it to be a closed box with no wires to plug or un-plug with the exception of the battery charger. I wanted it to be “idiot proof” so to speak simple as possible so that anyone without any electronic knowledge could pick it up and use it without fear of exploding or something. most power switches wont handle the high current inrush when you connect the batteries. There are FET controlled solid state switches available but they are expensive and require power to work. So the breaker seemed the most logical solution, and it also doubles as a safety feature, because… its a circuit breaker.

3 Likes

I really like that idea. And a circuit breaker isn’t like a fuse where you’d have to replace it if you went over the rated amperage, right?

I’ve used a couple of these as well. They do wear out because of the internal spark, but if you use an XT90 antispark plug in line with it it will probably never wear out.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking too.

Yeah I have never tripped it while riding (guess I have never pulled 100A) max Amp on my motor is supposed to be 60A anyway.

but if it did trip you just reset it with the switch.

Even If it did eventually wear out, they are only USD $10~ I have seen fuses that are close to that price. and they only last once.

1 Like

I just thought this should be put back on the “Latest” for the switches

1 Like

Hey I really like your build… where did you get the circuit breaker? thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for the information!

That’s why we are here …where are you located @Cat?

I’m in the Bay Area, California!

1 Like

Well DIY skateboard is in your area and things are getting easier to obtain…

It was lack of good prices motors a while back…

And check here as well

1 Like

that switch is still going strong on my daily beater. over 1000 documented k’s, lord knows how many undocumented…

2 Likes

Do you have a tutorial on how you wired up the circuit breaker?

There is a diagram on this forum somewhere… ill try to find it

1 Like

here it is: http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/2X/b/bab1353099cd12f59ebeab37ab3f88ac0431d5fb_1_187x500.PNG

1 Like

strangely enough a mate of mine broke his breaker today…

1 Like