DIY Board for Sale SF Bay Area

Edit: Given the extra tender roasting, I’m revising the prices. Thanks for the feedback y’all! If I’m still out of the ballpark, let me know - but gently please.

[SELL] DIY skateboard looking for $450 - SF Bay Area. Local pick up only.

I’m exiting the hobby and keeping two small boards I have to myself. I have this guy with the following specs:

10S5P battery

97mm wheels

39" funbox free ride deck

N5055 Motors (270KV, 1400W/Motor)

7.25’’ Truck (Black)

1 remote (1st gen style)

1 charger 42V 2A

I bought the kit from diyeboard, max listed speed is 26 mph. I replaced the original kit from 83mm wheels to 97mm wheels. Also took off motor protectors to fit the larger wheels.

Less than 40 miles ride time. Works pretty good, no complaints from my end. I have the original wheels and motor protectors if you want them, as well as an extra foam sheet if you want to mount this somewhere else.

I also have a bunch of other spare belts, tools, motor mounts, screws, xt60 battery extenders, splitters, etc. PM me if you’re interested in those.

The kit is $438 on diyeboard website. With shipping let’s say close to $500. Your deck and wheels worth that much extra?

6 Likes

Abec clones and a no name blank deck…:thinking:

4 Likes

8 Likes

“Yes but my time assembling and testing it wasn’t free”

6 Likes

5 Likes

com-add-text(1)

6 Likes

@Touch415 here we go again :man_facepalming:t2::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Lol​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I’m selling my time for reading this post. At 162 words in the original post, I’ll round down and make it a solid $3.50.

You gotta know you are on a DIY board…we don’t count our time in the cost of the board (most of us though).

If you really want to get $700 for this, maybe try reddit or craigslist in your area, but I doubt you will get it.

3 Likes

There is no going around the fact that you always loose money when you “build” ride and sell your board It’s incredibly how many peep try to sell their USED stuff for a higher price than retail!!. all I can say is good luck ma man. Just Be ready to hear shit from them community

1 Like

http://www.diyeboard.com/38dual-motor-beltdrive-electric-skateboard-10s5p-36v-8352mm-p-697.html

499 complete. :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah. This is gonna be a tough sale!! On the plus side. Board comes with some experience. That’s something I’d pay for lmao

2 Likes

Well I was just roasted extra crisp. Thanks for all the input folks! I was thinking of revising my prices, but i’m thinking about throwing this guy into the bay instead

1 Like

Awww man dont take it personal… the people on this forum are just not the type of folks that would buy this. I look at it as a bunch of used midgrade components. Post it on ebay, offer up, reddit or Facebook marketplace and im sure you’ll get bites for the price you were asking originally

4 Likes

Can be a harsh environment at times but we are all just lovely sweethearts under all the bluster. No one here much likes DIYE stuff. The owner did some bad things to a member and that shit is not easily forgiven. As @Bobby says it really is not the place to sell your set up. I would revise a bit and then sell it on facebook or reddit. Then come back and let us help you build a monster. Good luck

4 Likes

Jump in after it :merman:

3 Likes

if-spongebob-could-light-a-fire-under-the-sea-you-can-do-anything